Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: NSW Oaks and Derby 2020

aussiebreno

NSW Oaks and Derby 2020

Can drivers have a gear change? Someone needs to put a handbrake on Todd McCarthy. Lucky to get away with the 26.5 3rd quarter Majordan last night and just a horrid drive on Soho Gloria Jane

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    It certainly was puzzling Brendan, not the percentage play to qualify for the final

The NZers were massive - as to be expected
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    Just to clarify for those reading at home I didn't specifically make a thread to pot Todd McCarthy - this thread has been started from posts in another thread.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Stylish Memphis has drawn 1 in the Oaks final
    Emma Stewart has 6 in the Derby - 2 in each heat

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...s/?mc=PC290220
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Stylish Memphis has drawn 1 in the Oaks final
    Emma Stewart has 6 in the Derby - 2 in each heat

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...s/?mc=PC290220
    Stylish Memphis, I believe, is better than Dr Susan. I have watched all their major races on the HRNZ website - a far less exhausting process than trying to do the same on the HRA website. The former has the wood on the latter over the ditch. Dr Susan has proven more at home when she can lead.

However, neither can get near NZs best filly. Amazing Dream has drawn 3 and looks a money back proposition in the Northern Oaks at Alexandra Park on Friday night. She is clearly in a class of her own.

But at Menangle, my money would be on Stylish Memphis.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Showgrounds View Post
    Stylish Memphis, I believe, is better than Dr Susan. I have watched all their major races on the HRNZ website - a far less exhausting process than trying to do the same on the HRA website. The former has the wood on the latter over the ditch. Dr Susan has proven more at home when she can lead.

However, neither can get near NZs best filly. Amazing Dream has drawn 3 and looks a money back proposition in the Northern Oaks at Alexandra Park on Friday night. She is clearly in a class of her own.

Agree. Amazingly Dr Susan was favourite pre draw. $1.60 is still overs post draw Stylish Memphis.

Heading into the Vic Oaks Stylish Memphis was something like $2 and Dr Susan $15 pre heats. Only reason Dr Susan won the final was the draws. I can see a space job happening here.

aussiebreno
    Stylish Memphis had no right to win that but showed why she is head and shoulders above them.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Yes, she is outstanding
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    While it was much more clearcut last week with Stylish Memphis and Dr Susan, there is a bit of that about Governor Jujon V Line Up this week. Drawn nearer the inside GJ should be favourite but isn't.

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    Quote Originally Posted by Showgrounds View Post

Amazing Dream, as expected, won the Northern Oaks last Friday night.

In the Northern Derby tonight, from barrier 7, she spotted the two favourites 10 lengths at the 800 and ran straight past them in the straight. Untouched and a national record, the first filly to win the race since 1975! She is just a small plain filly that races without a head check, head out and ears back, but what a racehorse. Do yourself a favour and get on the HRNZ website and watch had races this season. Her first up win in October is most interesting, the mare that ran fifth goes by the name of Bettors Heart!

+ Reply to Thread