Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Change of Trainer for Excel Stride

Senior Member 4YO eliteblood has a spectacular aura about eliteblood's Avatar
    Real Name
    Trevor Swan
    Horses
    Sabilize, Sushi Sushi, Golden Goddess,

Change of Trainer for Excel Stride

I just read in the Trotguide that Excel Stride will be joining the Luke McCarthy stable.
    I can imagine how devastating that must be for Liz Heath who has done a wonderful job with the horse to date.

Flashing Red
    She has done such a wonderful job with that horse. I'm sure if Sushi Sushi had to sit outside Excel Stride for all those races he wouldn't have remained unbeaten all season.

Just another reason why I think I should just stick to one or two of my own neddies and never train for outside owners!
    Last edited by Flashing Red; 10-13-2011 at 02:46 PM. Reason: Adding a smiley! :)

triplev123
    Yeh, I feel for Lizzie, she's a terrific lady & an excellent trainer. Having a horse like Excel Stride in your stable would help you spring out of bed in the morning and head off to the stables to work him, no risk at all, and she's done an excellent job with him.
    That being said, Emilio's the Owner. He pays the bills. That means he can do whatever he wants to do with the horse. He can leave it where it was, he can move it, he can take it away for a week and go endurance riding with it or just plain old retire it if he so desires. He owns it. It's his horse to do with as he pleases. What each of us would or would not do in a similar situation is similarly up to each of us. Just as I would not take to anyone telling me what we should or shouldn't do with one of ours, I'm not about to go telling Emilio what he should do with his. Each to his or her own as far as all of that's concerned.

+ Reply to Thread