Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: RTR Sale.....

Senior Member 2YO Big Max will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ross La Spina

RTR Sale.....

Anyone have thoughts on the recent ready to run sale in NZ? it looked a little disappointing with only just over 50% actually selling.Mr E Rosati quite active,more young ones for Luke???Don't know if i'm actually a fan of horses having to scoot so soon.

Interested in other peoples views who know more than me.
    Thanks!

triplev123
    G'day Rosario,

To me the results suggest that things must be pretty flat over there at the moment.
    As for getting them up & going so early, I'm in two minds about that.
    I admire the fact that some of them can do so but at the same time there's always in the back of my mind the question as to if they should be doing so.
    If I were forced to make a choice I think a really good one is going to race through from this sort of thing to aged, regardless of when you start up with them and I think this is especially so if the early miles are put into their legs. Their own physical & mental attrtibutes, their soundness & their heart will dictate from there on in if they are going to last the distance as a racehorse. In the end I think good racehorses are so because they can cope with a tougher training and racing schedule.

Senior Member 4YO Don Corleone has a spectacular aura about Don Corleone's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ray Fidow
    Occupation
    Sec Cons
    You're right triple, Flat is the word to describe it here however as has happened before, there is light at the end of the tunnel.
    The RTR sales were not the best, especially for the vendors but having said that there were a few unrealistic reserves.
    It was clearly evident that those colts and fillies that could run naturally did run and those that need that extra 2-3 preps were not picked up. I think pretty much all of them that were entered for the sale will make race horses but as you say those with the desire, the mental and physical attributes will gravitate to higher level. I prefer to see a young one doing everything right and having fun than one that can blast a furlong under duress.

triplev123
    Would have liked to take Lot 14 home...but we've got enough of them on our plate at the moment. I'm not a big fan of Live Or Die but she looked like she could get along a bit and we've got her older half sister over here, she has left a cracking Four Starzzz Shark yearling colt for us first up & has just been served by Sportswriter actually. I wouldn't have minded another filly/mare from that damline. From what I can determine that's the 1st time that immediate family/branch thereof has been offered at auction. I think it's a damline that can really go places.

Real Name
    Ross La Spina
    Hello Jaimie and a big hello to the family

I think what you said pretty much sums it up,I suppose the ones that want to be race horses do rise to the top.I was pleased to see Jereme's jet do well.I think he is and will be a top stallion,now it will be interesting to see how the Sydney run up sale goes,with all that's been going on i do hope it's a big success for seller's and buyer's.

triplev123
    Likewise mate. G'day to you & yours. I trust all's well in your neck of the woods.
    The Jeremes Jet filly, is that the one from the Sydney APG out of Reaquainted? I thought she was a classy yearling. Reaquainted could really scoot too but she developed a breathing issue of some sort & never raced. Noel Shinn trained her for a piece. She had wicked high speed. Mark Denyer had the 1st one from her, it was a colt by Real Desire. Unfortunately it hurt itself badly and had to be put down. That maternal line leaves a fair share of good 2yos and in particular sharp 2yo fillies. Good luck with her (if I have the right one?).

triplev123
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    You're right triple, Flat is the word to describe it here however as has happened before, there is light at the end of the tunnel.
    The RTR sales were not the best, especially for the vendors but having said that there were a few unrealistic reserves.
    It was clearly evident that those colts and fillies that could run naturally did run and those that need that extra 2-3 preps were not picked up. I think pretty much all of them that were entered for the sale will make race horses but as you say those with the desire, the mental and physical attributes will gravitate to higher level. I prefer to see a young one doing everything right and having fun than one that can blast a furlong under duress.
    [VVV] G'day Don C. It'll pick up again I'm sure. I think the demand from here, in the longer term, is going to stay solid for as far out as I can see.
    Btw, off topic but CONGRATS on the All-Blacks win tonight. Given all of the crap that you guys have had to put up with in recent times firstly with the Christchurch quake and now, please, someone be sure to drop a couple of really solid overhand rights onto the chin of whoever that God damned imbecile was that the freighter aground in The Bay Of Plenty....I think NZ going through to the World Cup Final & hopefully winning it...would do/is going to do a lot more for the national psyche of NZ than any win by the Wallabies would have done for Australia. Good luck in the Final.

Real Name
    Ross La Spina
    Hey Jaimie,thanks for the kind wishes and the background on our JJ filly but i was actually talking about the JJ in the RTR sale,went for 44000 for memory to G.Webster.

Ps i'm in Adelaide at the moment and might pop out to Globe Derby this Saturday night,the only thing stopping me is that the weather here is up and down like a honeymooners nightie! LOL

Senior Member 4YO Don Corleone has a spectacular aura about Don Corleone's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ray Fidow
    Occupation
    Sec Cons
    Thanks triple. However, I put all my money on (a few months ago) on a NZ-Aust final !

+ Reply to Thread