Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid 19 Racing

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    From April 1. 5 more days. Have they not seen the upward graph of number of cases and where this could be in 5 days??? Its even money someone at Bathurst on Saturday night will have been in contact with a confirmed case. I get cancelling Bathurst is a big call but back to my analogy from yesterday, do we want 1 piece of candy or 3?
    The next 2 days are abandoned so do you think they should abandon all until April 1 Breno or maybe a bit longer even to make sure it isn't spreading eg until Apr 11
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    The next 2 days are abandoned so do you think they should abandon all until April 1 Breno or maybe a bit longer even to make sure it isn't spreading eg until Apr 11
    I think there are 4 reasonable options. Any other options that I can think of are just not feasible in the slighest.

A) abandon all racing up to April 1 and start with this zone theory
    B) just scratch horses that are racing out of their zone over the next few days and then start zone theory (Bathurst would still to be abandoned though)
    C) wait 14 days and start the zone theory
    D) Cancel all racing immediately

I'm probably on the side of D but on the fence. D because of the good of the nation and the long term public image of racing its a no brainer to go with D. We are lucky hair dressers and coffee shops having been copping it past 24 hours and we have still somehow flew under the radar of the public. However I can understand the economic decisions and responsibility to industry stakeholders to not go with option D.

Which leaves A, B, and C. A&B are still a bit of a gamble with cross-zone contamination including from previous meetings if it comes out someone is infected, but nowhere as big as a gamble as racing at Bathurst. C would be ultra safe option but we lose 2 weeks now. We could come back in 2 weeks but then in 3 weeks time with the infection rates going as they are we could have people across multiple zones bring in infection from outside the harness industry anyway so multiple zones are shut down - so we could have just wasted 2 weeks of no racing for no return. But still A, B & C would seem the safest bets if trying to lock in a good (good in relative terms) economic result for stakeholders - much safer than racing at Bathurst.
    Last edited by aussiebreno; 03-26-2020 at 10:24 PM.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    The APG series

the Board resolved to seek a POSTPONEMENT of both Series 29 and Series 30 by TWELVE MONTHS.

http://www.harness.org.au/media-room...?news_id=43304
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Harness Racing in NSW and VIC to resume tomorrow as Penrith Officials Coronavirus test came back Negative

No smart Regional moves from Vic - only the following

http://www.harness.org.au/media-room...?news_id=43312
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    IMO, an excellent suggestion from an old poster - that the prizemoney across NSW's 4 regions should be evened out a bit instead of having the Metro region the only one racing for the bigger prizemoney
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    From April 1. 5 more days. Have they not seen the upward graph of number of cases and where this could be in 5 days??? Its even money someone at Bathurst on Saturday night will have been in contact with a confirmed case. I get cancelling Bathurst is a big call but back to my analogy from yesterday, do we want 1 piece of candy or 3?
    So we all know that Bathurst went ahead with plenty of Vics
    I sure wish that Victoria had a regional system in place for them to come back to, for if any of them bring back the virus - the whole state closes down again
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    With the public not allowed to attend surely it makes sense to use fewer tracks to cut back on expenses
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    So you're talking about increasing the field sizes at Cranbourne
    Check out the field sizes at Cranbourne tomorrow Brendan

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...s/?mc=CR300320
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Check out the field sizes at Cranbourne tomorrow Brendan

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...s/?mc=CR300320
    Wow. Are these panic nominations in a similar vein to panic buying toilet paper! Full fields and 8 races!!!

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Mildura Cup postponed, Bendigo moved to Tuesday

HRV will tomorrow morning provide a more detailed view of how the racing calendar will look from Thursday onward.

https://www.thetrots.com.au/news/art...ed-to-tuesday/

LOL this home isolation must be messing with my brain, reading the above I got excited about Stawell trots on Wednesday - before remembering we cant
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread