Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Australia and NZ yearling sales

Member Filly BenScadden will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ben Scadden

Australia and NZ yearling sales

The Australian and NZ yearling sales are only a few months away ...

Do you expect there will be any surprise packets among the stallions - or will Bettors Delight, Art Major, Christian Cullen still dominate?

Are there any lots in particular you'd expect to star?

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hey Ben
    Have a look at lot 107 New Zealand Premier Sale the double up of ITP looks to close for me.

Super Moderator Colt Neil will become famous soon enough Neil's Avatar
    Real Name
    Neil Bennett
    Occupation
    Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by mango View Post
    Hey Ben
    Have a look at lot 107 New Zealand Premier Sale the double up of ITP looks to close for me.
    Hi Mango

Have a look at a mare we lease - Christians Legend - by Cullen from an ITP mare so 2 x 2 to ITP

she TROTS.

doing everything right so far and we hope at trials early in the new year - she isn't mad.

Member Filly BenScadden will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ben Scadden
    There are a few interesting ones there ...
    I also noticed a close-up cross to Abercrombie in there somewhere ... perhaps an Abercrombie mare put to Art Major or something like that ...
    As far as stallions go, I'd think the Bettors Delights will be white-hot and you'll probably get some Christian Cullens cheaper than previous years simply because of the volume.
    I'm hoping the Jeremes Jet yearlings are as well received as they were at the North American sales ...

Junior Member Foal Vance Hanover will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    Occupation
    Share Market
    Interesting Down Under with how you percieve the Sires from up here. I cannot breed to Bettors' Delight here as he has not left a great colt yet. Sure he is a decent Sire but too many small ones for me. He is a filly Sire for sure but with the numbers he has here in New York he has not been able to leave a special Colt yet. Is it the same down there?

Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hey Ben
    If lot 52 in the Australasian Classic sale is a good type i think he could be the sale topper up north.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year mightymo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    Bling It On, Nike Franco, Cruz Bromac
    Bettors Delight has had a number of very nice colts in Aust/NZ - Bettors Srike, Highview Tommy.

He has probably had more fillies, but I would be happy to get a colt by him

Bettor Sweet and Kenneth J were very good colts in the US

Banned 4YO justdoit will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    (BANNED) (BANNED)
    Occupation
    (BANNED)
    The other thread talked of 600 services in a single season for Bettors Delight, I would be very dissapointed if a sire with anywhere near that number
    of mares bred in a single season did not stand out from the others. Ah as long as the live foal percentage was good so the future for BD looks good in
    the southern hemisphere.
    Advice for the yearling sales buy a trotter?

Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Justdoit
    Would love to race a trotter but here in n.s.w there are limited races for them it would be 98% pacers to 2% trotting races so that makes it hard. There is filly from a strong family in the Australasian classic yearling sale lot 44 Quite Easy-Chiola's Lass. Chiola's Lass was a good race mare and has done an excellent job at stud, Quite Easy on the other hand i don't know a lot about only what i'm reading in the stallion guide.

Banned 4YO justdoit will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    (BANNED) (BANNED)
    Occupation
    (BANNED)
    Melbourne Premium Gold Sale, the Cullens and the Grins will be disappointing. The Fake Left every year I think it is the last one but another pops up, shame the mare was not of better breeding.
    The Armbro Operative fillies will sell well when you compare the sale price to the service fee and as always the well breed and outstanding individuals will win on the day.
    A couple that got into the sale the should not have.
    Mango go with the 98%..............................................o r back the roughy

+ Reply to Thread