Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid 19 Racing

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    I understand your scenarios Brendan but have they contacted all concerned and determined this to be the case?
    There is good reason to name people, forget an exaggerated need for privacy, naming people can help people determine if 'they' have been in contact with that person

I understand that some would favour erring on the side of caution but we are also talking about the potential to destroy people's livelihood. It is like the PM saying that all jobs are essential and the reason why he is not jumping into a total lockdown, not that I want him going down the Trump path - someone who does not have the patience to fight the fight past Easter (what a *&%^#$ idiot). Oldies like myself are putting themselves in total lockdown anyway

Willie Pike has gone from Melbourne to Perth and I assume been in contact with Perth racing people. If the Penrith person or any of his contacts have travelled to Vic and/or been in contact with any Vic harness people, I fully understand HRV's actions
    It doesn't need individual people tracking. People at Penrith on Thursday night went to Bathurst Friday night. People at Bathurst included Chris Alford who went to Melton Saturday night. The industry must stop. People can't be trusted to self-isolate themself and stay away from Bondi Beach means people sure as hell can't be trusted to say they didn't shake hands with Blake Fitzpatrick and then did or did not cough near Chris Alford.

This whole thing is economically crippling but if it goes for 18 months (as it will with a piece meal approach) that is much more crippling than it going for 6 months in total lockdown and then being able to return. The best way to make sure it only goes for 6 months is to lockdown yesterday. It gives people an opportunity to return to normal sooner.

Its a bit like sitting a piece of candy in front of a kid and saying do you want one piece now or you can wait an hour and have 3 pieces. That piece of candy dangling in front of you is tempting but lets wait and have 3 pieces.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    My one and only piece of 'old man's advice' that I give is - Look after your teeth
    Don't eat candy

ps I wasn't aware of Chris Alford's movements
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I am somewhat embarrassed to say that I completely missed the Tiara and Crown meets (a lot going on)
    but let's hope that the segregation of the states ruling

https://www.thetrots.com.au/news/art...tate-visitors/

Is not a case of the horse having already bolted
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Colt Yabbie will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Carol Bass
    Occupation
    Paralegal
    It is my understanding that 21 Victorian industry persons were at Bathurst on Friday night, hence the shutdown.
    Last edited by Messenger; 03-26-2020 at 01:28 PM. Reason: Friday

aussiebreno
    I am somewhat embarrassed to say that I completely missed the Tiara and Crown meets (a lot going on)
    but let's hope that the segregation of the states ruling

https://www.thetrots.com.au/news/art...tate-visitors/

Is not a case of the horse having already bolted
    Greyhounds in NSW have actually.done it really well. Trainers are only allowed to race at one track. Only 10 tracks are open. So even if one trainer gets it it is only 1 track that has to shut down. Bit harder for us to do with drivers but not impossible.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    We could do it easily enough in Vic
    There is pretty much already a Mildura crew
    We could consider reprogramming down to just 7 tracks in the interim who each hold a meeting on a set day, every week for the interim of this disaster
    Ballarat, Bendigo, Melton, Mildura, Shepparton, Cranbourne, and one in the West (Hamilton might be the most central)
    You could limit fields to 8 (but name emergencies) Each track would need a pool of at least 9 drivers and a pool of trainers who race at that track only
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno

Cool

We could do it easily enough in Vic
    There is pretty much already a Mildura crew
    We could consider reprogramming down to just 7 tracks in the interim who each hold a meeting on a set day, every week for the interim of this disaster
    Ballarat, Bendigo, Melton, Mildura, Shepparton, Cranbourne, and one in the West (Hamilton might be the most central)
    You could limit fields to 8 (but name emergencies) Each track would need a pool of at least 9 drivers and a pool of trainers who race at that track only
    So you're talking about increasing the field sizes at Cranbourne

Senior Member 4YO eliteblood has a spectacular aura about eliteblood's Avatar
    Real Name
    Trevor Swan
    Horses
    Sabilize, Sushi Sushi, Golden Goddess,

Covid 19 Regional Racing

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by eliteblood View Post
    From April 1. 5 more days. Have they not seen the upward graph of number of cases and where this could be in 5 days??? Its even money someone at Bathurst on Saturday night will have been in contact with a confirmed case. I get cancelling Bathurst is a big call but back to my analogy from yesterday, do we want 1 piece of candy or 3?

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by eliteblood View Post
    It looks good Trev
    Having 4 regions with a couple of meets/tracks in each would allow pro trainers and drivers a better chance of making a living
    Last edited by Messenger; 03-26-2020 at 09:37 PM.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread