Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What was the name of that horse? Help required

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    FBI Fernandez Brothers Incorporated - I think they even wore FBI caps
    Correct. Other horses they purchased from NZ and raced (true, you couldn't make this up) were The Fraud Squad and Not Under Suspicion! Keith Fernandez ran an accounting business and his name would still be infamous had Bill Vlahos not upper the ante somewhat.

Now we have a Harness Racing Hall of Fame at Bendigo I was wondering if there is a suitable space available there to establish a Hall of Shame. This would be for the once lauded and championed who have fallen from grace, eg, the Benachie Group. I was thinking maybe the mop storage cupboard in the toilets would be appropriate but, alas, way too spatially disadvantaged for the extensive list of nominees!

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Adaptor will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Noel Ridge
    Quote Originally Posted by Showgrounds View Post
    Correct. Other horses they purchased from NZ and raced (true, you couldn't make this up) were The Fraud Squad and Not Under Suspicion! Keith Fernandez ran an accounting business and his name would still be infamous had Bill Vlahos not upper the ante somewhat.

Now we have a Harness Racing Hall of Fame at Bendigo I was wondering if there is a suitable space available there to establish a Hall of Shame. This would be for the once lauded and championed who have fallen from grace, eg, the Benachie Group. I was thinking maybe the mop storage cupboard in the toilets would be appropriate but, alas, way too spatially disadvantaged for the extensive list of nominees!

Trevor,it could be located at the rear of the Lord's Raceway stables where the manure is dumped.

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    Quote Originally Posted by Adaptor View Post
    Trevor,it could be located at the rear of the Lord's Raceway stables where the manure is dumped.
    Would need to be a VERY BIG area! There are two types of candidates: (a) the needy, and (b) the greedy. The majority of candidates would qualify as greedy. They are the calculating types who knew the consequences of their actions before they took them. The needy candidates would be the ones found guilty of incredulous misdemeanors, ie, incredibly stupid. I have yet to find stupidity as an offence under any Australian law (I guess our gaols are already overcrowded). The needy get dealt with under the rules of harness racing.

Given the lack of racing, perhaps too much time our hands, we should be reminiscing about some of the sport's "colourful" past and characters. Could be the basis of a book. Multiple volumes.

aussiebreno
    The problem is there is probably a bit of crossover with people who have Hall of Fame stats or stories but probably also have reasons to be in the Hall of Shame.

Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    The problem is there is probably a bit of crossover with people who have Hall of Fame stats or stories but probably also have reasons to be in the Hall of Shame.
    Yes, a revolving door between the two would be a necessity.

+ Reply to Thread