Page 1 of 34 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid 19 Racing

Senior Member Horse Of The Year arlington will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Wayne Hayes

Covid 19 Racing

From HRV -

13 March 2020

Participants with horses engaged at Tabcorp Park Melton tomorrow night and Charlton on Sunday are advised that licence cards should be shown to enter the racetrack due to restrictions announced earlier today.
    ( https://www.thetrots.com.au/news/art...active-stance/ )

These meetings will be restricted to participants competing, listed owners of horses engaged on the night and essential staff only in the interest of health and safety due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
    Participants who have lost their licence will have to organise a replacement as soon as possible by contacting Jake Germanchis on JGermanchis@hrv.org.au or phone 8378 0240.
    Those without licence cards will have to identify themselves with officials.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    A big blow to Charlton who were going to be hosting their first Cup in their new facilities
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Melton functions like a big pub - I doubt they are closing their pokies and bistro tonight (nothing on website) so how is the race meet different?
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Melton functions like a big pub - I doubt they are closing their pokies and bistro tonight (nothing on website) so how is the race meet different?
    Non-essential organised gatherings is the wording I've seen used. Going to a pub isn't organised but a race meeting is organised. No idea what Melton what will do though. Bit of a unique situation within a unique situation.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Organized, 'non-essential' gatherings of 500 people or more will be effectively banned in Australia in an effort to contain the spread of the coronavirus

We don't get 500 people to non-metro trots meetings
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    Organized, 'non-essential' gatherings of 500 people or more will be effectively banned in Australia in an effort to contain the spread of the coronavirus

We don't get 500 people to non-metro trots meetings

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Are HRNSW a bit slow or what?

In the HRNSW Coronavirus Update released today March 16 you will read

"NSW Harness Racing meetings on Friday, 13 March, Saturday, 14 March 2020 and Sunday, 15 March 2020 will proceed with no restrictions."

Duh, I think the word is 'did' not 'will'

http://www.harness.org.au/media-room...?news_id=43184
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    Are HRNSW a bit slow or what?

In the HRNSW Coronavirus Update released today March 16 you will read

"NSW Harness Racing meetings on Friday, 13 March, Saturday, 14 March 2020 and Sunday, 15 March 2020 will proceed with no restrictions."

Duh, I think the word is 'did' not 'will'

http://www.harness.org.au/media-room...?news_id=43184
    HRNSW put that out on the 13th. The issue lies somewhere with the upload to the HRA site.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I must say I tried to find it on the NSW site and couldn't but just checking again I see that there is now an update (dated today) - maybe that is what was supposed to be uploaded to the HRA site today
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Open air places like the zoo are remaining open but limiting their numbers to 2000
    You would think that tracks could remain open but close the indoor facilities (like the zoo)
    If we can trust people to self isolate for 2 weeks, you would think we could trust people to keep their distance from those other than those they come with (and people are still piling into supermarkets and mixing indoors there)
    I suppose it comes down to what is considered essential
    I guess there isn't really any benefit to the industry however but I wouldn't mind being able to go to the trots
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread