Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 34 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid 19 Racing

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Can a combined 2yo & 3yo pace work at Mildura when we don't have Stand Starts anymore so that they can get a 30m start
    You have to feel for Union King - the sole 2yo in the race
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    It might be time to make more regions again
    With figures changing, all of country Vic (bar Mildura) in one region is looking too big
    Bendigo's numbers are creeping up (19), they need to be kept separate from Shep whose current number of cases is only 1
    Similarly Terang/Hamilton/Stawell/Ararat who all have 1 or 0 cases need to be kept safe from Horsham and Ballarat who are right now at crucial points of either going into serious double figures or dropping/staying at single figures

https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/coronavi...a-31-july-2020
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Regional racing throws up some unusual ones
    eg A Melton treble to John Justice with his only 3 starters for the night
    A Melton trifecta to Lance Justice with his only 3 starters for the night

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...s/?mc=MX310720
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I caught a bit of the Premier's 'new measures' press conference and there was some talk about what industries are Essential services - more news to come but I would not be confident that racing will be allowed to continue what with it seeing people moving around the state. Only chance I see is super strict regional racing like we have at Mildura now. So Ballarat meet for Ballarat region only. Bendigo meet for Bendigo region only. Maryborough meet ...... I see Maryborough are scheduled for tomorrow (I must have missed that we were increasing the number of tracks we use). I cannot see Melton being allowed to race. Maybe I am being a pessimist
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    Considering HRV and participants have had 0 cases of the virus I don't see why it needs to stop. But Dan is more about punishing people so who knows.
    Don't die wondering !

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I have to agree to disagree Rick - I think Dan is doing an incredible job but Vics are letting him down.
    It would seem that we have had no cases but would you trust everybody to be doing the right thing?
    Sorry but I am still getting over reading the latest Integrity Matters (does it?) which paints such a rosesy picture of Rod Weightman

You should see how many tourists we have had in town on the weekend - supposedly all from Regional Vic?
    I was hoping we would go to Stage 3 then they cannot come.
    You have to feel for the 4 shires that have no cases and have NEVER had a case (and the other dozen who do not have a case at present)
    But sheez, I even saw a Car Club roll into town today (Lotuses I think!) and as I walked past the pedestrian crossing I counted 30 people cross in one go (we have a permanent population of around 300)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    Well isn't it Dans job to stop those tourists coming to your town ?

I guess we will find out this afternoon if racing will continue.
    Don't die wondering !

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    He has now given the police something that is possible for them to handle/enforce - Stage 3 from Wednesday, sadly for businesses it means no more tourists from anywhere so that makes policing pretty easy. No proof of address, working or caring then it is goodbye
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Today's Maryborough harness meeting has been postponed as a precautionary measure due to a potential COVID-19 close contact. HRV will provide further detail as soon as possible today. #TheTrots

from HRV facebook
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Speculation raged about what a tighter lockdown in Melbourne and regional areas would mean on the three codes of racing, but Premier Daniel Andrews confirmed at his press conference on Monday that the industry would be allowed to proceed for the foreseeable future.

https://www.punters.com.au/news/vict...tage-4_192308/
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread