Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid 19 Racing

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    Not sure where to post about the Vic regional racing, probably needs its own thread.
    One thing I am liking about it is that the top 5 stables can't visit every track and collect a big share of the prize money. Locals are now getting all the money. Some people will see this as bad but I think it's good for the industry.
    Unfortunately my horse is in the strongest region and she was being aimed at the vic bred series. Who knows what will happen with that ?
    Don't die wondering !

Member Gelding Mytwobobsworth will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    John Cross
    Quote Originally Posted by gutwagon View Post
    I hope each region in Victoria has it's own set of stewards that are isolating themselves between meetings. If we don't they will spread the Wuhan Virus from one region to the next. They were the problem at Bathurst, only luck saved us.

Unfortunately Bendigo and Melton seem to of had a pretty similar panel.
    When they first instigated the regional racing I thought it was the best thing hrv had ever done, it was never going to be perfect but these are extreme circumstances and this seemed to be the best way to secure ongoing racing and provide options if there was any outbreak.
    I understand they probably can’t correctly staff the number of regions they have split into with separate stewards but then just split into 2 or 3 or 4 regions, whatever they can cover.
    How does the system work if you have stewards crossing regions?
    One positive from anyone and they have potentially been in contact with either a steward or someone who has been to the stewards room. Therefore 2 or 3 regions are out and im pretty sure if we lose 2 or 3 regions they will call the end for all.

Apparently if you are called before the stewards everyone’s spread out in the room and the door is open where appropriate, but still doesn’t work for me.
    Can a driver/trainer refuse to enter the room under health concerns?

You can’t be half pregnant. If they are going to do this it must be done properly.
    Im seeing to many holes in the setup.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Yes John, the panels were nearly identical

https://www.harness.org.au/racing/st...l/?mc=MX040420

https://www.harness.org.au/racing/st...l/?mc=BN030420

Let's hope that it is no worse than having 'teams' of stewards that cover no more than 2 regions

So that these guys are doing Bendigo and Melton only

Edit: I suppose we should also look at cross-region use of Mediatec staff (unless they can guarantee they have no contact with anybody else)
    Last edited by Messenger; 04-06-2020 at 10:24 PM.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    John Cross
    I thought of a few of those things but didn’t want to sound to negative.
    I can excuse the media folk as i can convince myself they come in super early in the truck and set up before anyone is there and then they shouldn’t have any interaction with anyone. I’m led to believe that some on course photographers have been told they are not essential, would like to think if that happens at one track its a universal call.
    My other little one is the race caller, with the one entryway they must enter with the participants therefore are in contact. I might be wrong and it’s not perfect but could they not call from off course using the sky vision?

aussiebreno
    Loving the ease to do form with more horses having met or met similar horses and all at the same track so times are relative.

Not sure why Wagga has raced 4 times in about 10 days but not complaining.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Mytwobobsworth View Post
    I thought of a few of those things but didn’t want to sound to negative.
    I can excuse the media folk as i can convince myself they come in super early in the truck and set up before anyone is there and then they shouldn’t have any interaction with anyone. I’m led to believe that some on course photographers have been told they are not essential, would like to think if that happens at one track its a universal call.
    My other little one is the race caller, with the one entryway they must enter with the participants therefore are in contact. I might be wrong and it’s not perfect but could they not call from off course using the sky vision?
    I don't think that a caller would have to have any contact with participants either. Callers mostly have set tracks that they work so like the stewards you could have it that no caller visits more than 2 regions
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    John Cross
    If they enter through the same gate and sign in at the same place they will have contact or at least contact the same surfaces.
    If so many factors are over 2 regions why not just have say 3 regions. More varied racing and opportunity for horses.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I think they would consider a few people spread over 2 regions is minuscule risk compared to all participants spread over 2 regions
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Mytwobobsworth View Post
    If they enter through the same gate and sign in at the same place they will have contact or at least contact the same surfaces.
    If so many factors are over 2 regions why not just have say 3 regions. More varied racing and opportunity for horses.
    Sitting in a car as they go through the gate and there isn't a roll call like high school.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    Stewards shouldn't be meeting with anyone in a room ! It should all be done via the phone via video calls . Stewards must stay isolated from all participants if they don't have a set of stewards for each region.

This seems very obvious , you can't have any person traveling between regions and coming in contact with people.

If a steward tests + them that whole panel will need to be quarantined for 14 days. They can be replaced and racing continue uninterrupted.
    Under the current system if a steward tests + racing would have to stop in each region that steward has visited in the past 14 days !

Bit like the way Police in Victoria are walking around in groups of 4 all next to each other not 1.5 m apart. The virus doesn't care who you are, if everyone doesn't follow the rules we will be stuffed !
    Don't die wondering !

+ Reply to Thread