Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 34 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid 19 Racing

Member Yearling astoevelaar will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Arjuna Stoevelaar
    Definition of bitter sweet. Can't send any emails now either as ill look an even bigger fool. Such is life.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    No Arjuna you are winner!
    Attached Images
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Tonight's Melton meeting has been Abandoned
    Melton's Covid numbers have increased and the abandonment would be due to

https://www.thetrots.com.au/news/art...oria-update10/
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I have listened to the RSN interview now and a participant that attended the Melton meeting on Monday Aug 2 has tested positive and they are now trying to determine if the participant was contagious at the time. The track has been declared a Tier 1 site so I am guessing that everybody at that meet will have to isolate for 14 days (Dayle Brown not saying that yet) but all attendees at that meet (72) to get tested and isolate until they get their results (I am actually in that situation myself right now - not from this meet or any other). The participant that has tested positive did not attend a meeting since that date.

Sounds like we might be better going back to Regional racing again
    Last edited by Messenger; 08-11-2021 at 07:42 PM.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    99.9% of the time it is not somebody's fault if they test positive.
    I would like to think that, if I tested positive, I would be happy to reveal my name. What the hell, everybody is bound to find out eventually and if harness racing continues, at the very least people will know the participants's close industry contacts as they will be the ones missing for the next fortnight
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Pointed out to me that if any big Trainers deemed a close contact, they will be bloody busy as their staff will not be able to visit their stables, so they won't want to get crook
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    https://www.thetrots.com.au/news/art...oria-update11/

Tomorrow's Charlton and Geelong meets for tomorrow cancelled too while they sort things out
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Mildura on Friday should be fine as there are only 3 drivers listed at this point, who were at Melton
    That is unless these drivers are considered Tier 1 contacts with the positive case and depending on how carefully we play it (and whether you can be contagious just 2 days after contact) for removing them from Friday's meeting might be too late for these same drivers already drove at Mildura last Wednesday
    Last edited by Messenger; 08-12-2021 at 01:56 AM.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Saturday Melton moved to Ballarat
    I also notice that all 3 of David Miles runners have been scratched - maybe he has been designated a tier 1 contact?

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...s/?mc=BA140821
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    "An update on Friday and weekend meetings will be provided tomorrow. This decision will be based on advice received from DH and HRV contact-tracers."

They're leaving it late
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread