Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 34 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid 19 Racing

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Bendigo is happening (late news I know but no power in HG for 6hrs)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I wish I wasn't in Melbourne today, I reckon the pokies would be open at Stawell Harness Club and so one would be able to watch the trots from the smokers room
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Come on HRV - it is time to jump up and down
    The general public should be able to go to the Vicbred Super meets even if only outdoors - how is it any different from people going to the beach. We are talking regional meets - the country which has been near back to normal for yonks now and yet people can go to Melbourne shopping centres in their thousands
    Ridiculous
    ps We will however not accept any fresh of an overseas airplane! (sheez who can believe this is happening and yet country folk cannot wander around the wide open spaces of a racecourse)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Colt Yabbie will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Carol Bass
    Occupation
    Paralegal
    I don't think it is that easy Kevin. Its government regulations, not HRV.
    Its my understanding the seated arrangements remains in place until early January

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    Quote Originally Posted by Yabbie View Post
    Its my understanding the seated arrangements remains in place until early January
    Agree it is the bloody Government but it all appears too hard for HRV to accept responsibility for its stakeholders and be proactive in getting the public back to the races.

Putting the onus on individual clubs to come up with plans is just buck-passing of the highest order. The trots in Victoria is looking a basket case through my eyes, watching the big crowd at Gloucester Park last Friday night just drove that point home.

Where is the leadership?

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Yabbie View Post
    I am not saying it isn't the government Carol - what I want to see is HRV putting some pressure on the government.
    Maybe they are through communication with the Minister but if that is so, then tell us
    If that is getting them nowhere then see if they cannot get a racing journalist to pose the question as to how a small number at open space racecourses in country Victoria are more dangerous than huge numbers in metro shopping complexes.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    This is getting beyond ridiculous
    I am pretty sure that everybody has been in a supermarket lately and seen that everything is pretty normal albeit with masks (mind you only half the people are 'really' wearing them correctly) or into a small shop like a bakers delight where the staff may not even be wearing masks
    Even Melbourne has had 6 weeks of zero cases
    and yet here is Warragul's excuse for no crowd (not saying it is their doing)

"due to social distancing protocols at present, the raceday stewards panel require a larger space to conduct their work, and will have to make use of the clubroom facility as they did last month.
    This necessitates participants moving through what would otherwise be general public areas, which is not possible at the moment."

https://www.facebook.com/warragulharnessracing/

ps I hope only every second horse stall is being used and that there is a fully protected cleaner cleaning the toilets every time a participant uses the toilets, .......
    pps Even the Warragul excuse could be overcome by having a temporary fence erected to form a corridor from the stables to the partitioned off stewards area OR have general public attend with the knowledge that it is outdoor only
    Last edited by Messenger; 12-10-2020 at 07:07 PM.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I had an email from a city worker who is being asked their thoughts on returning to the office (the Government worried about the CBD being dead)
    LOL the government is suggesting it is safe to return to the office but it is not safe to go to the races!
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Owners have received an email from HRV which includes:

The protocols currently in place for owners and public are race meetings include:
    • Owners/public are to be separate from essential personnel (participants/staff) (i.e. owners are not permitted in racing areas such as stalls)
    • Public / owners must remain in their designated area, i.e., if they go to the bar, TAB, or restroom, they must return to their designated area (not free roaming).
    We understand how patient owners have had to be this year, and while we are heading in the right direction, it is still crucial we always observe protocols.

Please contact the club at which your horse is racing for specific details and offerings for owners.

It is strongly recommended that owners and members of the public register their intention to attend race meetings with the club.

This emphasis on keeping participants apart from the Covid free public (6 weeks of zero now) is prima donna stuff in my book
    After all they are mixing with friends, family and the public in their daily lives
    Last edited by Messenger; 12-11-2020 at 02:57 PM.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    The Gallops are looking attractive

https://www.racingvictoria.com.au/ne...=&utm_content=

Racing Victoria (RV) is pleased to advise that it has received official confirmation today that the maximum number of spectators permitted to attend Victorian race meetings under COVIDSafe protocols can increase from 500 to 1,000.

This will take effect for race meetings from this Friday, 11 December 2020 where a Club is seeking to welcome spectators having considered their ability to satisfy the necessary COVIDSafe requirements.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread