Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 34 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid 19 Racing

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Harness venues with seating that has a view of the track are in short supply - some have virtually none. If you are only allowed to move for food and toilets such tracks are the only viable spectator option
    I cannot really understand why people have to be seated when they can walk around shopping centres willy nilly

Ballarat would be good while Stawell has very little unless they bring in more park benches
    The same with local gallops but some may be glad they have not knocked down their old grandstands
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Why is it that harness attendees have to stay in a seat again?
    From The Age's article celebrating the nightclubs reopening

https://todayspaper.smedia.com.au/theage/default.aspx
    Attached Images
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Dayle Brown has been off duty having a knee replacement
    Now that he is back on deck (couldn't resist the pun) we should hear more about crowds this week
    Good luck with that knee Captain
    Attached Images
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    I think the crowd situation is all about how much political pressure you can put on Dictator Dan. Gallops owners would include people that give or can influence political donations , that's why they are getting a better deal. There is no difference between trotting venues and gallop venues, many are even at the same venue. I see no other reason for the discrimination towards harness racing.

It's all politics , there is no medical reason for the discrimination !
    Don't die wondering !

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I am just as interested in why we are disadvantaged compared to bloody nightclubs!
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Owners are now allowed at all Vic meetings including the stables - owners being normal human beings (well sort of), it makes the exclusion of the general public an even bigger nonsense. We just have to keep NSW under control

The gallops are a mile ahead of us, this is what they sent me

Tis the season to get back to the track!

It's another big week of country racing as we continue to welcome spectators back to the track to celebrate the festive season trackside.

Remember to check the calendar for all upcoming race meetings and book your tickets as spots are limited and pre-booking is now essential.

Last edited by Messenger; 12-18-2020 at 12:33 PM.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    Should be a great night New Year's Eve at Melton for the Vicbred finals. Perhaps HRV could put all the owners on a bus and go through a Macca's drive though to save on catering staff.

A suitably miserable end to a miserable year, courtesy of a miserable organisation demonstrating its lack of concern for the stakeholders it is supposed to serve.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I am coming around to your way of thinking Trevor - there can only be one reason that we have not progressed as far as the gallops - our administration
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    I am coming around to your way of thinking Trevor - there can only be one reason that we have not progressed as far as the gallops - our administration
    You've got it. That's why I get more enjoyment these days following the racing across the ditch and following the footy. Ellen Tormey's five winners just pours more fuel on the fire. It is seriously farcical in Victoria (anybody got an update on Ride High's "minor" suspensory injury?) and the extremely lazy and compliant media just swallows an regurgitates what it is told.

+ Reply to Thread