Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 34 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid 19 Racing

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I am thinking he would have had to be on the gate at Terang until 8.30pm at the earliest (having got there around 4.30pm) and then at Mildura by 10am at the latest (and stay until at least 3pm). The trip between the two is 5.5hrs
    I figure he would have been lucky to get 7hrs sleep before hitting the road. If driving time is included in his work hours he is probably working 14.5hrs (more if driving home is included) in the space of 22.5hrs. I wonder where he lives?

The shires that Terang and Mildura are in, both have 0 active Covid 19 cases at present - you couldn't blame the people of these shires for not wanting people from outside their shires coming in
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Why would a 45NR be nominated for a 70-120 Metro trot
    Hmmm
    Any chance it was to make the field stand up for the stablemate?

https://www.harness.org.au/racing/fi...20#MXC24072007
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Member Gelding Mytwobobsworth will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    John Cross
    That sort of thing doesn’t happen.
    And im sure something unfortunate must have happened for it to be scratched.

Member Gelding Mytwobobsworth will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    John Cross
    Melton off tonight?

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Certainly is John

https://www.thetrots.com.au/news/art...ing-postponed/

“A hospitality staff member from Tabcorp Park has tested positive to COVID-19. This individual we believe has no direct contact with harness racing participants or racing staff,” HRV CEO Dayle Brown said.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Amongst the stipulations

From tomorrow night (Saturday July 25) all drivers will be required to wear a face mask for all post-race interviews at all racetracks.

https://www.thetrots.com.au/news/art...-participants/

There goes my enjoyment of TrotsVision - Being profoundly deaf, I have developed a habit of reading lips, although I shouldn't need to (what with a cochlear implant) - I do.
    I cannot see why the correct distance between interviewer and interviewee should not be sufficient - as it is in other televised sport

ps Wouldn't it be enough to mask the interviewer. We don't see them and like all press conferences it is not even essential to hear the question, for familiar voices like Rob Auber I don't have a problem/need to see his lips
    Last edited by Messenger; 07-25-2020 at 01:51 PM. Reason: ps
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I am pleased to say that as a result of me emailing our CEO Dayle Brown, he has had Cody email me and someone call me (Apologies if this was you too Cody, but deaf people are not very good on the phone especially when walking up a mountain) and the directive has been clarified:

From tomorrow night (Saturday July 25) all drivers will be required during post-race interviews to have a mask in their possession. Drivers are exempt from wearing a mask during a post-race interview, but must wear a mask immediately upon the conclusion of the interview.

Thanks
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I missed pre Race 1 so I don't know if they did any interviews but the first winning driver masked up
    The interviewer made some noises that sounded like he was waiting for him to mask up - hopefully they will get the news soon
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Hooray Team - Chris Alford knew he did not have to mask up for his interview after winning R2
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    https://www.thetrots.com.au/news/art...ing-postponed/

IMO it is hard to know why Kilmore would need to be postponed because of a Melton Tabaret staff member - unless "HRV is awaiting further test results" relates to a harness participant?
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread