Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 34 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid 19 Racing

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    The detail:

HRV cancelled the Maryborough meeting immediately after being made aware of a potential participant COVID-19 close contact shortly before the first race.
    After enquiring into the circumstances surrounding the participant who is a potential close contact, four people were identified as having had some incidental contact with this participant in recent days. The four individuals will not attend race meetings or interact with industry participants until the test result from the potential close contact is known. The potential close contact and the four individuals did not attend Maryborough today.

https://www.thetrots.com.au/news/art...at-shepparton/
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    Does anyone understand the reason Maryborough was cancelled ? If none of the people that were exposed to a "close contact" were at the track why was there any risk ? Am I missing something ?
    Don't die wondering !

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Today's presser from Dan Andrews:

"More than 800 of those homes, the person who should have been isolating could not be found."

People are animals that you cannot trust
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    Melton had 11 cases of COVID19 the last time I looked very low in an area of 68,000 people so Melton Harness racing safe for the time being but if it starts to spike? Alternative racing venues like Bendigo 22 active COVID19 cases and Ballarat which has been given a warning and is in stage 3 restrictions at the moment could be in jeopardy too lets's hope not.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    You must have looked a very long time ago Rod
    Yesterday Melton was listed as 404 active cases

https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/coronavi...-4-august-2020
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Friday's Melton meet had become a day meet with $20k metro races being run between 3.53pm and 5.07pm
    Why so?

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...s/?mc=MX070820

Mildura is now the night meet

Edit: It is because of the 8pm curfew on Metro Melbourne
    I suppose it could be argued that they are going to work but we really must be seen to be doing everything possible if we want racing to continue
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    7/9 excellent races to look forward to at Ballarat on Saturday

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...s/?mc=BA080820
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    They have already abandoned tonight's Mildura meet (was to be daytime until swap with Melton)
    The BOM website is saying they have had 12mm of rain so far today. That is a half inch in old terms - once you might have expected tracks to handle that
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    I am pleased to say that as a result of me emailing our CEO Dayle Brown, he has had Cody email me and someone call me (Apologies if this was you too Cody, but deaf people are not very good on the phone especially when walking up a mountain) and the directive has been clarified:

From tomorrow night (Saturday July 25) all drivers will be required during post-race interviews to have a mask in their possession. Drivers are exempt from wearing a mask during a post-race interview, but must wear a mask immediately upon the conclusion of the interview.

Thanks
    I am not sure that this is common knowledge. Sure, drivers have the prerogative to wear one if they wish but the way Kate Gath kept pulling up her scarf after her R4 win at Ballarat tonight, you got the impression that she thought she had to
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    The drivers don't seem to know that the mask must also cover your nose. Even on the track some seem to have their noses uncovered. See many people in Melbourne with the mask only over their mouth. Drives me mad. I personally don't think the masks do anything to stop the virus but at least wear them properly.
    Don't die wondering !

+ Reply to Thread