Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 34 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid 19 Racing

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Halwes View Post

What irks me so much is that the CEO and the HRV Board are just spectators, not doing things that look after the fragile Industry, and acting competently and professionally in moments of crisis. The get big money for doing big things, not sitting back as is happening now.
    I don't think that is fair Terry, I don't know everything that the CEO and Board are doing - do you? I think they are working pretty bloody hard
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Member Yearling Halwes will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Terry (Tezza) Meehan
    Occupation
    Total Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    I don't think that is fair Terry, I don't know everything that the CEO and Board are doing - do you? I think they are working pretty bloody hard
    Well, no, are they out there telling the Industry what they are doing, in what could be described as Australia’s greatest crisis in our history, aside from war time. Who doubts that? That is the context, that is the scenario. Press Releases are a show of what they may be working on, an indication of what is in the inbox, and what they are putting all energies into doing.

I haven’t seen press releases, they may be there, and no, I
    don’t know, but to me the existential crisis is doing all to stop the Industry shutting down. That’s the a press release I’d be issuing, and already have issued, and I use all resources I had to get that out.
    Last edited by Halwes; 04-04-2020 at 07:06 PM.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    If you look at all the stories under this link, you will see that they have been pretty busy

https://www.thetrots.com.au/general/covid-19-coverage/

The whole regionalization of the states racing would be massive and although the CEO would not be doing the nitty gritty on that, he would have to be liaising with so many groups and clubs
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    Looks like NSW is adopting a no audio call due to COVID-19 policy, shame, no other state is doing this.

Real Name
    Terry (Tezza) Meehan
    Occupation
    Total Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Atom View Post
    Looks like NSW is adopting a no audio call due to COVID-19 policy, shame, no other state is doing this.
    Just not sure what you mean Rod.

Real Name
    Terry (Tezza) Meehan
    Occupation
    Total Dreamer
    If you look at all the stories under this link, you will see that they have been pretty busy

https://www.thetrots.com.au/general/covid-19-coverage/

The whole regionalization of the states racing would be massive and although the CEO would not be doing the nitty gritty on that, he would have to be liaising with so many groups and clubs
    Kevin, I withdraw the heat in my comments, and the heavy handed criticism. My point is that in the link you sent, there is no simple master plan. That plan is their best attempt to have a high quality mitigation Health Prevention and Cleansing Plan prepared by experts and accepted/edited by HRV, the action plan that I enunciated earlier, implemented, then sent to the Minister that demonstrates how the HRV plan IS implementing measures, not just talking about throw away comments of ‘wash your hands’. The plan is a living document, but there.

I’m not sure you understand my concept. The Master Plan prepared by the Consultants on health and cleansing I suggest is for the HRV across all of Vic. The stewards could amend the master for local conditions, but there should not be many.

That’s the proactive way, cancelling meetings may be required one off decision, but the plan I propose is a journey, but a quality journey to safeguarding the industry, to keep it going. The Health Minister can seek further advice, ask for specific changes, but accept the plan because the HRV implemented it. In other words you might not see the draconian decision made by the Tasmanian government.

I strongly suggest that is best way forward. There is a saying In God We Trust, Everyone Else Please Bring Data
    Last edited by Halwes; 04-05-2020 at 12:22 AM.

Real Name
    Terry (Tezza) Meehan
    Occupation
    Total Dreamer
    BTW, we’re all confined to barracks tonight and until further notice watching the footy replay. Wouldn’t it be nice to have crossovers to the trots to see miracle mile, a free for all, a standing start with handicaps again, and a quality three old event (the existing schedule cancelled of course).
    But no, we can only hope 7 and HRV can do something together, a resurrection around Easter, just like happened over 2000 years ago.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Halwes View Post
    BTW, we’re all confined to barracks tonight and until further notice watching the footy replay. Wouldn’t it be nice to have crossovers to the trots to see miracle mile, a free for all, a standing start with handicaps again, and a quality three old event (the existing schedule cancelled of course).
    But no, we can only hope 7 and HRV can do something together, a resurrection around Easter, just like happened over 2000 years ago.
    Diehard harness fans would also love this BUT those that are punters, would/could be watching the trots on their betting ap
    All TAB account holders can watch Sky racing online
    Foxtel subscribers have Sky of course
    Anybody can watch Victorian harness on Trots Vision

https://www.thetrots.com.au/racing/live-trots-vision/
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    I hope each region in Victoria has it's own set of stewards that are isolating themselves between meetings. If we don't they will spread the Wuhan Virus from one region to the next. They were the problem at Bathurst, only luck saved us.
    Don't die wondering !

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Nobody is saying that are they?

One side of my brain says that the top drivers might have a picnic, the other says that without their peers there - it might be a bit more unpredictable and trickier
    Chris Alford drove 6 of the 8 winners at Cranbourne tonight. 5 were Odds On favs mind you

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...s/?mc=CR050420
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread