Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 34 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid 19 Racing

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    https://www.thetrots.com.au/news/art...-19-protocols/

Is this all? (no unlicenced people on course!)

People are doing just about anything and everything and we can't get people on course - even outside only?!

The clubs that have pokies probably have someone on every second pokie machine now and people having meals or coffee or drinks
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    Pathetic. Does anybody from HRV actually represent it's constituents or has it just become another arm of an incompetent government?

I think I know the answer.

Pathetic.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I think the answer may lie in the government's requirement for venues to have a Covid Safe Plan. I gather from a racing article in The Age sports pages today (quoting the racing minister) that the clubs/organizations must have quite a lot of boxes they need to tick off for first of all 500 on course and thereafter 5000. The minister did make it sound like it may be imminent and the article was wondering whether the coming weekend's regional meets were a chance of being allowed a crowd
    Let's face it - the requirements must be strenuous when you hear of annual events scheduled for Feb next year having been cancelled (local TV news)
    It seems unbelievable when there is not a case in the state. Maybe it is that scary or the fact that the government literally cannot afford another wave
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Colt Yabbie will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Carol Bass
    Occupation
    Paralegal
    Having attended a local football club AGM last night in a community centre, I now have a better understanding of the onerous requirements required by councils etc. Racing is considered a public event with both indoor and outdoor facilities which must both have explicit covid plans. And each track must have its own plan (not a blanket one across the whole industry). So it's not quite as straightforward as we all probably think. I'm sure HRV are doing their best - they are certainly well aware of the push from owners and fans to attend meetings. Fingers crossed we will be on track very soon. Just need to a little more patient (yes I know it's hard and I am missing being on track as much as everyone!)

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Noel alerted me to this Bendigo Harness facebook post as an indicator of how hard it is to get people back to the track

https://www.facebook.com/62610039079...274895582/?d=n

I would hope that they have some inkling that there is going to be an easing of government restrictions (to go to all this trouble)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    So, Bendigo trots is the place to go if you are really desperate for a sit down feed. No go if you want to go to the trots to watch horses.

I ask again, does HRV exist to represent it's constituents or is it just sitting on its hands bowing to its political masters? This cannot continue.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I agree Trevor that it seems ridiculous. All the pubs, cafes and restaurants that are open again have not all had to submit individual covid plans. Racecourse are being penalized for the fact that we DON’T actually have to bunch everyone in together – we have all this open outdoor space which makes us safer!
    Last edited by Messenger; 11-28-2020 at 09:44 PM. Reason: typo
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Rob Auber saying that we can have 500 on track from December 1 so maybe Terang?
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Bendigo still confident but no government confirmation yet (table bookings until 10am tomorrow, not sure about other 'Take Away' as there is a typo on the poster)

https://www.facebook.com/bendigo.har...745969/?type=3

The weather should be perfect
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    "A calendar of meetings and their availability to the public will be published on thetrots.com.au and club social media channels and websites in coming days and weeks."

https://www.thetrots.com.au/news/art...afe-protocols/

In so many cases it seems ridiculous overkill. If you want to please the government you could just have outdooor attendance with no indoors areas open other than toilets
    What difference is it to me going shopping in Horsham yesterday?

It is laughable for a track like Charlton in the Shire of Buloke that has not had a single Covid case EVER
    Maybe they could have meeting for locals only ( me but) keeping them separate from the participants
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread