Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 34 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid 19 Racing

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    The distinction between Melbourne and Regional Vic, makes me wonder whether metro based drivers, which includes Melton, should be visiting Regional Vic but then again essential workers are allowed to - Are we essential?

The delineation between Melbourne and Regional has its inconsistencies. Up woop woop Reefton (past Warburton) is Melbourne and yet Bacchus Marsh which just about connects to Melton nowadays is Regional
    Last edited by Messenger; 06-02-2021 at 05:33 PM.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I suppose the bigger question should be if a regional driver goes to Melton on Saturday night, is he allowed to go to his local regional pub for lunch the next day?
    (The acting premier answered the reverse - that an authorized worker from metro who is in regional Vic cannot go to the regional cafe etc for lunch)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    HRSA are being very careful with border hoppers

Persons that have attended a Victorian race meeting, or licensed training facility in that State, on or after Friday 27 May 2021 are not permitted to attend a South Australian racecourse or registered training venues for 14 days (from the date of the latest exit from Victoria) and must provide Harness Racing SA with the results of a negative COVID-19 test taken on day 13 before attending either a race meeting or licensed premises.

http://www.harness.org.au/media-room...?news_id=48389

I wonder whether we don't need to be careful with metro-regional hoppers
    At the very least, we should have 4 drivers rooms for M/F x Metro/Reg and Regional trainers stalls should be distanced from Metro trainers stalls

A return to regional racing (as it would seem it is going to be at least a fortnight before Melbourne people are going to be allowed into the regions) would not be that hard as we have the template from last time

A Regional trainer or driver who has been to Melbourne/Melton and brings Covid home to his region would severely diminish the standing of the Harness Industry
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    There are stories going around about whether state hopping drivers are observing Covid requirements
    eg driving at Mildura and then Globe Derby next night - was there time to have been tested and cleared?
    eg going to Tassie from Vic on Friday and driving that night without doing 2 wks quarantine
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Member Yearling astoevelaar will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Arjuna Stoevelaar

Getting a start in regional NSW during covid

Nommed a horse 3 times for Bathurst and Wagga and balloted out each time. I think it's time to go back to ensuring starts based on length of time between starts or introduce some bottom up racing. Either was the system isnt working if you cant get a run in your designated grade.

Thoughts?

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    There has to be a system Arjuna. Maybe balloted out horses need to be asterisked and at the very least any horse with 2 consecutive asterisks must be the first selected next nom
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Arjuna Stoevelaar
    Thats would be a common sense approach. Ended up putting him in a race 7 ratings points higher to get a start.

Wonder what the best mechanism is to get the message out there that during times where travel is difficult that there needs to be greater equity in the process.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Have you emailed them Arjuna, I find Chief Stewards, CEO's - everyone I email in harness racing, very responsive
    (The only person I never got a response from was the Victorian Trainers Association)

It might not happen right away but feedback is important
    eg. 4yrs ago I made contact with VicRoads about what I/we felt was a serious anomaly
    Last week, I revisted the ruling as our town is still upset by it and found out it had been changed 2yrs ago!
    Last edited by Messenger; 07-21-2021 at 12:11 PM.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Arjuna Stoevelaar

Wink

Far call Kevin. Lets see how I feel after his performance on Friday. Suprise result at odds out of grade and complaining would be unwise

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    LOL we should all be rolling in the $$$$$ tonight as Arjuna's big fella got up in the last at Wagga today and paid $16

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...21#EYC23072106

Arjuna tells me he didn't have anything on him either
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread