Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 34 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid 19 Racing

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    Chris Alford drove at Bathurst on 20/3/20 and has continued to drive ever since. Seems to be breaching the rule. What am I missing ?
    Don't die wondering !

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Rick, I am thinking the fact that the Penrith official who threw the cloud over Bathurst tested negative and the fact that HRV/HRNSW did not close the border until Mar 23 put Chris in the clear unlike David Miles who has had to self isolate
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Reading another article, saw old news - the fact that the All Stars have shut down for the season. In case anybody else missed it too

http://www.harnesslink.com/News/All-Stars-stable-
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    Tassie bits the dust

So many employed in this industry I dont see the other states following suit just yet. Sydney will be safe until at least next weekend due to the Championships imo.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    Re Chris Alford, they seemed to have changed their original bans and the new ones started from the 30th of March. I was not trying to have ago at Chris, it's just due to his high profile he is the easiest to remember.
    Don't die wondering !

Member Yearling Halwes will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Terry (Tezza) Meehan
    Occupation
    Total Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    Tassie bits the dust

So many employed in this industry I dont see the other states following suit just yet. Sydney will be safe until at least next weekend due to the Championships imo.
    This post was not completed until now Sat 4 Apr, I accidentally cancelled it yesterday when it was 99% complete, and lost a lot of it. it recommences where the italics start
    I think it's a shame, but one of my personal concerns is the difficulty we all have in not touching all the surfaces and our face etc .I think it is these transmissions that are the problem. I have a small bottle of a hand sanitiser that is running out. You can't buy them anywhere though. I do use it as soon as I leave the supermarket, and when it runs out I 'll have to take the liquid soap dispense from the bathroom, take it with me and bottle of water . Yes , I used coles delivery .. not cheap, but my health is supreme so I guess I need to restart deliveries. You get the drift. On the positive side,
    I have only heard of 1 case of ‘local’ trans in high risk areas at Coles and Woolies etc, that’s pretty good if true, but of course it’s a moving target this virus.
    What I wanted to say was that the CEO, this reactionary CEO should be on the front foot in getting a quality document on what HRV is doing in relation to cleansing its racetracks, and in particularly on the day before racedays and on race-days.

This document should detail the mitigation strategies and protocols that it puts in place for all those attending events. This includes placement of sanitisers throughout the course, providing a pamphlet to all those attending on actions attendees must take, actual cleansing measures to wipe down surfaces etc etc , the day before th event and on race day, communicating strategies including using the powerful course broadcast system to remind the attendees about all that.

People might throw their hands up in the air and say, we can’t do that, no it’s a waste, it’s BS but in another breath will agree that it will be a calamity if the trots and greyhounds are stopped.

A company like Spotless is very experienced in this area and can develop a comprehensive health prevention and cleansing plan quickly, a customised and very professionally prepared consultancy plan for HRV ready for very rapid distribution to Trainers and Drivers, race callers, course administrators etc.

But the critical elements of the plan once agreed must be implemented in a helluva hurry BEFORE ( emphasised) the report is provided to the Premier and Health Minister. This is critical. In other words if there is a meeting, the measures I identified must be put in place before a meeting.

I say to the reactionary CEO, for heavens sake, even if you can’t get a plan together for getting free to air on 7 while the footy is not televised, get the health prevention plan prepared immediately.
    Get together with Spotless, Broadspectrum for instance, and get that plan developed as the very most urgent priority you have. These companies have contacts in the health Departments at the highest level too.

Again, It is essential that you can demonstrate that the critical measures of the plan are already implemented at the course before you approach the Ministry. That allows the Minister to wave the plan in the air to the media as a strong defence of what HRV is proactively doing to protect the public. Yes this might be difficult, but what is worse, a total shutdown, or a plan like I am saying might allow HRV, and for that matter, the greyhound racing industry to continue.
    And please, please don’t worry about the cost of the consultancy as there are mountains of dough available to get this reimbursed. BUT SPEED IS THE ESSENCE, THE ABSOLUTE ESSENCE.

If the Government is going to permit back packers to work in Regions to help farmers to pick and harvest crops, a decision approved today, to a group of people who travel the world, then it can allow harness to continue if the HRV does what I propose.

Don’t get me wrong, I live rurally, I fully support farmers, but this group of people ( the backpackers) would have be the riskiest group of people to transmit this virus to us in the bush in particular, where the health resources a much much leaner than they are in cities. So you’d expect a lot of ‘health redundancy’ to be put in place to ensure these backpackers are not carriers right now. We must remember that you may be asymptomatic, but Ill with the disease, ready to pass it on. So things like the thermometer forehead check is appropriate for that group.

And, compellingly, one final comment, we can be very sure that irrespective of what occurs with this virus, the type of plan I am proposing will be required well after the Corona v starts to lessen, and ‘lessen’ is the operative word, the v won’t be under any real control until we get a vaccine. The Deputy Chief Health Officer of the Commonwealth said that yesterday. We are told a vaccine is unlikely to be ready for some eighteen months. Can the world tolerate and afford 18 months of unemployment. The answer is a resounding ‘ No’ . So, the health prevention plan Is required now anyway, a prerequisite before recommencement could occur after any imminent (we expect soon) decision to stop harness racing anyway. Thats the reality. Getting this plan prepared now is therefore very timely, very astute, and a very rational approach.
    Last edited by Halwes; 04-04-2020 at 03:57 PM.

Real Name
    Terry (Tezza) Meehan
    Occupation
    Total Dreamer
    Hi Kevin
    Can you weave your magic.. the last post, and the last in this I placed to today is an edit of what I did yesterday, but at the moment most people won’t see it..can you repost it so it becomes ‘new post’ ... thanks K

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    It is already there for everyone to see Terry
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I agree Terry that we must have a fantastic virus minimalization plan in place
    Fastidiously enforced by stewards as we know that there is a sizeable percentage of the industry that cannot be trusted to do the right thing

Provided that we really are not flirting with doing harm to the state, I think we have to be proactive in declaring our case to be allowed to continue
    Children are being encouraged to go to school, Childcare workers are being supported in keeping childcare centres open, Hairdressers are allowed to remain open (!)

The big problem that you raise and which has been raised in the media lately is 'what is the end game for the coronavirus policy' as the general population cannot remain in lockdown for 18 months
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Terry (Tezza) Meehan
    Occupation
    Total Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    I agree Terry that we must have a fantastic virus minimalization plan in place
    Fastidiously enforced by stewards as we know that there is a sizeable percentage of the industry that cannot be trusted to do the right thing

Provided that we really are not flirting with doing harm to the state, I think we have to be proactive in declaring our case to be allowed to continue
    Children are being encouraged to go to school, Childcare workers are being supported in keeping childcare centres open, Hairdressers are allowed to remain open (!)

The big problem that you raise and which has been raised in the media lately is 'what is the end game for the coronavirus policy' as the general population cannot remain in lockdown for 18 months
    Thanks Kevin,

The main point I raise is that a pro health management plan must be presented to the Health Minister super urgently, but after measures in that plan have been implemented at courses, otherwise there is certainty that HR will be shut down.

The second point is that a plan will be required, be mandatory anyway. So getting it in now may mean the industry is not shut down. Not to do so, will be gross negligence.
    The CEO and the Board have to get that plan going now. I gave them perhaps the best two organisations who will give them a solution, and do that very rapidly.

The third point is that backpackers will remain the greatest risk for all of us, so HR can continue, should continue but only if that plan is in place.

You can see now politics entering the health debate. What comprehensive, customised, virus mitigation plan is in effect at Randwick, at Rosehill right now? If there isn’t one, or more aptly a comprehensive one, why not? It is because they want the autumn carnival to be completed, that’s all, but pretend they are looking after us.
    So the NSW Government’s (for example) top priority is not to look after you and me, it’s not .

What irks me so much is that the CEO and the HRV Board are just spectators, not doing things that look after the fragile Industry, and acting competently and professionally in moments of crisis. The get big money for doing big things, not sitting back as is happening now, doing meaningless things.
    Last edited by Halwes; 04-04-2020 at 06:48 PM.

+ Reply to Thread