Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34

Thread: Covid 19 Racing

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Yes Brendan about 1,500 die from coronary heart disease every month (mind you that is not quite half of all cardiovascular disease deaths)
    It is very interesting to note that that figure was 5 times worse in 1980. The improvement is mind boggling

https://www.aihw.gov.au/reports/hear...-heart-disease

What is allowed eg Maccas is not a great indicator of what is OK, after all we still sell cigarettes
    The hibernating might have been a bit of hyperbole but many people really think Covid is more or less over when it is killing more people in a month than it did in the first year
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Yes Brendan about 1,500 die from coronary heart disease every month (mind you that is not quite half of all cardiovascular disease deaths)
    It is very interesting to note that that figure was 5 times worse in 1980. The improvement is mind boggling

https://www.aihw.gov.au/reports/hear...-heart-disease

What is allowed eg Maccas is not a great indicator of what is OK, after all we still sell cigarettes
    The hibernating might have been a bit of hyperbole but many people really think Covid is more or less over when it is killing more people in a month than it did in the first year
    Not so much what is legally allowed but the level of imposition society is prepared to put on themselves as a whole and individually for health. Sure when it was an unknown people got on board hibernation, but eating vegies or not smoking is a far lesser imposition than hibernation. Its not that people don't know about health disease, cancer, covid or think its old news, its that they take their chances and prioritise current lifestyle.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    Just remember that's a 1000 a month die with covid. They will not give us figures on how many died just from the virus. I have seen reports that up to 90% are dying from it and I've seen reports that only 10% are dying from it. So the true number is somewhere in between.

Bottom line is if your are worried about it stay home but don't try and force us all to stay home.
    Don't die wondering !

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Better information would certainly be appreciated, Rick.
    I don't think people who are dying of the known major causes of death are being 'double listed' by the Government

https://www.aihw.gov.au/reports/life...auses-of-death

The latest figures are pre-covid. Bloody awful reading the number 1 cause for 15 - 44yo's

Nobody is 'forcing all to stay home' anymore but anybody who does not self isolate, when they know they have it, are simply selfish bastards IMO
    I reckon a death in one's family could change many people's perspective
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    From an Age article today

There were 156 COVID-related deaths reported in the state in the past week, an average of 22 per day

This is just Victoria

Just so that people know because I feel the government are treating us like mushrooms
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    How many heart disease and cancer? They arent front page news why would another disease be front page news?

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Yes, we have had this debate before Brendan. I think the difference is that while Cancer and Heart Disease are progressive illness for which there is public research and programs, Covid is something that you could get this morning when you go and buy your coffee. You are probably young and fit and not particularly in danger of becoming a statistic but what about an older family member you see on a weekly basis. I just don't think there is enough education and masking going on.

ps I do not want front page news, just to be informed. I subscribe to the Age (not sure why) and hardly ever read the digital newspaper anymore but rather scan their webpage. They used to have a little box about Covid which linked you to more info if you were interested - no longer. What you will find is meaningless articles like 'How the tennis is coping without Nick the Brat' or 'Michael Clarke's domestic' or 'The most anticipated video games for 2023"
    I understand that they may all have their 'small' space BUT you will find these same articles on The Age homepage for 3 or 4 days (unchanged). It is getting to the point that one can hardly be bothered wading through the garbage to find real news/what of importance is happening in the world

LOL (not really) Just noticed todays top line story is about the surge in fatal heart attacks

pps Covid blamed!
    Last edited by Messenger; 01-21-2023 at 08:39 AM.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread