Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 34 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid 19 Racing

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    We are coming out of it
    Here is the link to the feature race calendar

https://www.thetrots.com.au/news/art...race-calendar/
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    https://www.thetrots.com.au/news/art...r-safe-return/

Harness Racing Victoria (HRV) and the Victorian Harness Racing Club (VHRC) have been working with industry groups to explore a safe way for owners to get back on track for race night.

I hope this extends to everybody in the not too distant future. So many meets struggle to have 200 attendees and a racecourse has plenty of room to distance them
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    It is fairly ridiculous that regional Victorians could not attend Maryborough today - even if it was limited to regional owners

Long Weekend and all (unofficial I know), Halls Gap had a packed farmers market today - how can a couple of hundred people spread around a racecourse be any different
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Charlton Harness instead of Yarra Glen on Cup Day
    A strange program with only 6 races, the first at 10.37 and the last at 1.47 (45mins between last 2 races - lucky no crowd)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    It is hard to tell what Racecourses come under ( non seated Outdoor or seated Outdoor)
    If I can go to the zoo why can't I go to the trots?
    Surely by Nov 23 at the latest (next date earmarked for Vic covid announcement is 22nd)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    It is hard to tell what Racecourses come under ( non seated Outdoor or seated Outdoor)
    If I can go to the zoo why can't I go to the trots?
    Surely by Nov 23 at the latest (next date earmarked for Vic covid announcement is 22nd)
    Don't push it brother, you are talking common sense! In Victoria, that could mean a knock on the door!

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    A maximum of 30 owners per race (two per horse) will be permitted with pre-registration required to enable contact tracing. In satisfying other protocols, Melton and HRV may not be able to welcome the maximum number of owners for each race.
    Attending owners will be restricted to a designated area of the racecourse and will not be able to attend any other areas of the facility, including the horse stalls and hospitality areas.
    Managing owners will receive information on how to register via email and text message and HRV and Tabcorp Park Melton will work with owners to ensure protocols are clear ahead of the Friday night and Saturday night.

https://www.thetrots.com.au/news/art...-tabcorp-park/

Better than nothing
    HRV will have to get their skates on as we are talking about tomorrow night
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    So, you can go watch your horse race if you are lucky. But you can't go look at your horse. Or talk face to face with the trainer or driver. And it reads like you bring your own Thermos and Jatz crackers. But you do get to pay the bills!

Great to see HRV bending over backwards for the owners!

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    In the detail of today's easing of restrictions, I still cannot see Racecourses
    Can we have 25%?
    Can we have 50% (of seated capacity) up to 500?
    Or do we have to have a Covid Safe plan first?

https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/c...tions-roadmaps

Can I go to Ararat trots on Wednesday night?

(Come on now - 50 people can go to a brothel)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread