Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 34 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid 19 Racing

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    If you missed out on free entry for Melton on New Year's Eve
    you can go to Ararat tomorrow night (Wed) for free
    You can register here for your ticket

https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/arar...s-131559023581

It should be a good night with the daytime temp expected to be 26 at kickoff at 5.45
    The general public are restricted to the grandstand area. You can get up and get a drink or food, go the TAB or toilet etc but must go back to your allocated seat.

Sitting in the Ararat grandstand is about the closest you will come to a Melbourne Showgrounds experience

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...s/?mc=AR301220
    Last edited by Messenger; 12-29-2020 at 12:48 PM.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Take any opportunity to go to the trots now because looking at the latest list of Covid exposure sites it will be a miracle if we avoid lockdown again (unless they shut off the Western half of the state now ie lockdown the Eastern half)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I had an interesting report from one of our members who had a good night at Mildura last night
    Of course he had to book a ticket and do the online declaration
    The problem for the clubs is that they have to fence off the public from the participants
    You could have an owner travel to the meet with his trainer but once on course they have to be separated
    We are only talking a small crowd but the club has to have 2 catering areas - one for participants and one for the public
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Sounds like Paul had it good at Mildura
    I am at Ararat gallops
    Teach me to be a traitor!
    The public are only allowed on the lawn
    Lucky there is cloud cover as there is no shelter
    You can still burn big time on these days so yours truly is half way down the straight under a pine tree next to his car - I knew those little stools I keep in the boot, would come in handy one day
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    An omen to go home - fav in R3 broke down on bend and has had to be euthanized
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    The Nazis kick you out of Halls Gap?

https://www.news.com.au/national/vic...16bedcb965f02c

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I missed the Nazis as I was in Melbourne, they must have heard the VP of the Residents and Ratepayers Association was coming home and hightailed it out of town

While on Halls Gap, at the races my wife quipped "I've paid $10 to come and sit under a tree when I live in a forest at Halls Gap!" (I must explain that my darling wife joins me on my trips to the racing codes but doesn't actually watch the races)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    While there are no cases in the community, it is a complete joke that clubs like Horsham cannot admit the public because they cannot afford the expense of the required protocols
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Prediction - 5 day lockdown extended by a couple of days for Melbourne while they roll out the ring of steel to allow the rest of Vic to get back to normal
    I understand that the statewide lockdown was a clever way of discouraging people from leaving Melbourne (nothing open in country anyway) and much quicker than assembling 'the ring' for 5 days but I fear that from todays news, Melbourne will need a longer lockdown
    Although the numbers seem small, it is where the infected have visited plus the wastewater results from a couple of areas in Melbourne (unless the South Melbourne result proves to be nothing)
    But fingers crossed the 5 days does it
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Prediction - 5 day lockdown extended by a couple of days for Melbourne while they roll out the ring of steel to allow the rest of Vic to get back to normal
    I understand that the statewide lockdown was a clever way of discouraging people from leaving Melbourne (nothing open in country anyway) and much quicker than assembling 'the ring' for 5 days but I fear that from todays news, Melbourne will need a longer lockdown
    Although the numbers seem small, it is where the infected have visited plus the wastewater results from a couple of areas in Melbourne (unless the South Melbourne result proves to be nothing)
    But fingers crossed the 5 days does it
    My prediction: Dipstick Dan has openly lied to us all, will blame someone else and you will be right on the money, Kev.

+ Reply to Thread