Page 30 of 34 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid 19 Racing

Senior Member Colt Yabbie will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Carol Bass
    Occupation
    Paralegal
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    "An update on Friday and weekend meetings will be provided tomorrow. This decision will be based on advice received from DH and HRV contact-tracers."

They're leaving it late
    With respect I don't think HRV can make any moves without DHHS approval

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    With respect they should still be providing an update as they stated they would - even if it is no news - pollies do that every second day
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Carol, if they have nothing else to report, they could just explain the Ballarat move
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Wow, Harness was a lead story on Win News. Yesterday's info, they said Melton Tabcorp Park has been listed as a Tier 2 site (but individuals can be deemed Tier 1 contacts) etc etc
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Once tested they don't take long to inform you of your result - only 28hrs for me, so anyone tested yesterday would probably know their result, although getting in for a test would be the trickier part in Melbourne/Melton
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    We have a HRV update
    Yarra Valley and Mildura on tomorrow

https://www.thetrots.com.au/news/art...oria-update12/

Participants requirements listed
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    David Miles has one listed for YV so hopefully he is not having to isolate
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I don't think it would have made much difference but it is interesting to note that HRV were notified by DHHS on the evening of Aug 10 about the covid positive participant in attendance at Melton on Aug 2
    The participant should have notified HRV as soon as they had a COVID-19 test if you look at Covid Reporting Obligations.
    Results are fast nowadays so the test may not have been undertaken until Aug 9, in which case only the Shep meet that night may have been affected.
    It would be disappointing if the test was actually undertaken earlier than this and the risk of spread not brought to HRV's attention by the participant
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Colt Yabbie will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Carol Bass
    Occupation
    Paralegal
    I am told the participant (and family) followed every health and HRV directive and is devastated about the effect on the industry.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Yabbie View Post
    I am told the participant (and family) followed every health and HRV directive and is devastated about the effect on the industry.
    It would be good for the positive participant if CEO Dayle Brown came out and said this for his radio interviews twice made it sound like HRV knew nothing about it until they were informed by DHHS of a positive on the evening of Aug 10 whereas the obligations say that they should have been informed as soon as any participant undertakes a COVID-19 test and are awaiting results.

I am optimistic we are going to be lucky this time but luck it will be for at the very least there would seem to have been at least one Tier 1 contact at a couple more meets after Aug 2. This is based on the spate of recent scratchings (and looking back at the meets between Aug 2 and Aug 10)
    Provided no Tier 1 contacts have tested positive, it could well be that their 14 days isolation finished today
    If they were the partner of the positive I guess they may have to wait for 14 days after the positive is no longer contagious

I think the Tier 1 contact may have isolated from the time the participant was tested and if it is correct that the positive participant did not attend any other meets after Melton it may have amounted to zero difference whether HRV knew a day earlier.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread