Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Queensland Pacing Championship

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Flashing Red View Post
    He went super last week I love it when the big races are on, we are really blessed to watch genuine Grand Circuit stars like Smoken Up, Mr Feelgood and Washakie clash and Hesa Buzzin I'm sure will run a might race too

Lifetime (Australian) marks of the field....

Mr Feelgood - 1:52 (best time in Australia)
    Smoken Up - 1:48
    Be Good Johnny - 1:54 (on a half mile)
    Washakie - 1:50
    Inthelightofday - 1:54
    Loosen The Load - 1:56
    Be Diligent - 1:52
    Artifactor - 1:55
    Heza Buzzin - 1:55
    Atomic Ark - 1:54 (TT)

I remember even just 5-6 years ago they hardly broke 1:55/1:56 at Albion Park. Now 3 entrants have run 1:52 at Albion Park and Australia has its first sub 1:50 winner. We've come along way in a short time
    What about the old stager who's been right through that transition; Be Good Johnny ran behind Double Identity when Double Indentity wen his career best 1.53.5 and 5 years later will still be here at the same carnival.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky camilla"s lovechild View Post
    mr feelgood to hand up to smoken up, and thats the last they'll see of him. Smoken up is head and shoulders above anything else running around in australia or new zealand.
    itmq?

Flashing Red
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    What about the old stager who's been right through that transition; Be Good Johnny ran behind Double Identity when Double Indentity wen his career best 1.53.5 and 5 years later will still be here at the same carnival.
    He's an old marvel, its a credit to McCarthys that they can can keep him going and race the elite for so long. I'd reckon they would just about class that horse as "family"!!

A bit of a sentimental reason, but I'd love Inthelightofday to win. I use to drive his mother, she was an absolute favourite of mine.

Senior Member 2YO doinmabest has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Fred Hastings
    I am sure I had posted on this thread this morning but they have vanished?

Flashing Red
    Quote Originally Posted by doinmabest View Post
    I am sure I had posted on this thread this morning but they have vanished?
    You are right, your posts and one of mightymo's has vanished?

I'm not sure if it is related, but last night I had a lot of difficulty actually getting the forum page up, I kept getting errors etc and had to repost the same thing several times because my posts wouldn't appear. I wonder if the two incidents are related?

Senior Member 2YO doinmabest has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Fred Hastings
    Ok ..... Thanks Miss Flashing.... Thought I was going cuckoo....

Senior Member 4YO Lucky Camilla"s Lovechild will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Leigh Stollery
    itmq?
    Your joking right?

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Camilla"s Lovechild View Post
    Your joking right?
    No. I know he's on the sidelines at the moment but he was every bit as good as Smoken Up in the Inter final and in earlier races in Victoria before that eg Cranbourne Cup.

Senior Member 4YO Lucky Camilla"s Lovechild will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Leigh Stollery
    No. I know he's on the sidelines at the moment but he was every bit as good as Smoken Up in the Inter final and in earlier races in Victoria before that eg Cranbourne Cup.
    ITMQ was not as good as Smoken Up in the Inter Final. He had every chance to pick him up but couldn't! Smoken Up has won just about every Grand Cicuit race on the calender in the last 12 months (bar the Vic. Cup and NZ Cup). He'll win again Saturday night and then go on and win in New Zealand, and that will probably silence a few doubters. I haven't seen a more dominant Grand Circuit horse for quite a while. Now whether the horses he is racing are not that good, or he is an out and out champion, I'm not sure, but I can't see any among this crop of Grand Circuit horses who can beat him on his merits. Maybe Sushi Sushi can next season?

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Camilla"s Lovechild View Post
    ITMQ was not as good as Smoken Up in the Inter Final. He had every chance to pick him up but couldn't! Smoken Up has won just about every Grand Cicuit race on the calender in the last 12 months (bar the Vic. Cup and NZ Cup). He'll win again Saturday night and then go on and win in New Zealand, and that will probably silence a few doubters. I haven't seen a more dominant Grand Circuit horse for quite a while. Now whether the horses he is racing are not that good, or he is an out and out champion, I'm not sure, but I can't see any among this crop of Grand Circuit horses who can beat him on his merits. Maybe Sushi Sushi can next season?
    Lolwut 4 inters and 2 placings isnt dominant enough.
    I'm prepared to accept we disagree on the dominance of Smoken Up but that bolded part was silly.

+ Reply to Thread