Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Attn: VVV/VOR - Your thoughts

Member Gelding The Rainmaker will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Eric Strong
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rainmaker View Post
    Been loving the banter over COT's lately, so whats your views on this COT and lack of notification from Menangle today:

R5

Neffeli Lavra - Started at long odds on @ $1.30 at its 3rd race start.

Won its first start leading
    Ran 2nd at its second start sitting in the death (big run in good time)
    Today is last off the arm, and last at the 800m, 6 wide round the bend for a close up 3rd.

Could not see any Change Of Tactics on the HRNSW website?
    $1.30 favourite being driven upside down and losing, I remember when Luke McCarthy drove Roman Stride against its normal pattern and winning a race, and still got fined from stewards? Will be interesting to see if anything came of Molanders drive this afternoon.
    Just had a look at the stewards report. No mention of Molander in the race mentioned varying her driving tactics, even though her horse started at $1.30 and it got rolled.

However we have:

R2

Robbie Morris questioned for leading from the pole on the $1.80 favourite.

and

R9

Amanda Turnbull questioned for restraining her horse off the mobile in contrast to its recent starts, however this horse was sent out a $12.60 chance.

In my mind questions should have definitely been asked on a $1.30 favourite which got rolled as opposed to the $12.60 chance in R9.

As for Robbie Morris' drive in R2 on an odds on favourite from the pole any punter would hope it would lead if at all possible, which it did, and questions were asked.

Consistency anyone?

Senior Member 4YO Thevoiceofreason has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Bill Williams
    Occupation
    Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    Not totally rebutting this but one thing to remember is NSWHRC got the Harold Park money whilst HRNSW is the state body making such decisions.
    Thank you Aussiebreno exactly my point everybody want integrity no one wants to pay for it.

Whilst VVV will never admit it that was one of the issues of the now defunct GHRRA cost and the industry perception they were wasting too much money on integrity issues.

I like VVV suggestions about TCO2 testing but as I said on another thread I think there are some issues on what is an acceptable instrument from a legal standpoint to measure TCO2

Anyone who does not think this is cost related is living on Mars and as far as Paul comments are concerned your kidding.

Flashing Red
    So NSWHRC isn't physically allowed to contribute some of their own funds towards the integrity of racing at their track despite planning to spend millions to make it the best complex in the Southern Hemisphere? Please.... it may be a cost thing as you say VOR but it doesn't mean the money isn't there.

triplev123
    Quote Originally Posted by Thevoiceofreason View Post
    Thank you Aussiebreno exactly my point everybody want integrity no one wants to pay for it.

Whilst VVV will never admit it that was one of the issues of the now defunct GHRRA cost and the industry perception they were wasting too much money on integrity issues.

I like VVV suggestions about TCO2 testing but as I said on another thread I think there are some issues on what is an acceptable instrument from a legal standpoint to measure TCO2

Anyone who does not think this is cost related is living on Mars and as far as Paul comments are concerned your kidding.

[VVV] Everything else aside for a moment VOR...'from a legal standpoint'???????? Please. Call me a cynic but I find more than just a little absurd the suggestion that any instrument deemed perfectly acceptable for use in ICU's where human lives are at stake and swing on decisions made based upon the results they produce...might find itself in a position to have its results questioned as far as establishing the correct TC02 level in a horse.

triplev123
    Btw VOR...you ducked the Gear identification question. Armed with a Gear Form, would each of the Stewards be able to walk up to a given horse & tick off or place a cross against each piece of gear that was present or absent?

Real Name
    Bill Williams
    Occupation
    Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by triplev123 View Post
    Btw VOR...you ducked the Gear identification question. Armed with a Gear Form, would each of the Stewards be able to walk up to a given horse & tick off or place a cross against each piece of gear that was present or absent?
    Only an oversight I very rarely duck issues as you know. In all honesty I would say its 99.0% answer that is 99% of stewards would know what 99% of the gear was and was for 99% of the time.

When a gear form is lodged there is a section for unusual gear so it is often explained then.

I was at Newcastle one night when Lindsay Jones was questioned in the stables area by the then Chief Steward for using a piece of unusual gear ,I say that is in the 1% area. He copped the explanation willingly.

I am not saying you are wrong about the TCO2 issue, just that it is an international issue.

As for Flashing they have the money no question there but on Integrity please hold on now ... was that a pig flying by......

triplev123
    VOR writes [Whilst VVV will never admit it that was one of the issues of the now defunct GHRRA cost and the industry perception they were wasting too much money on integrity issues.]

[VVV] C'mon now. Don't try and feed me those spoilt potatoes VOR. I know too much about the subject to fall for that.
    The fact is, so concerned with Itegrity issues were they that when the GHRRA folded they inexplicably deleted all of their records...I assume so as not to be in a position where they either could pass them on to HRNSW or otherwise were compelled to do so by a third party. Of course, with those deletions went the records of any number of 'fine/suspension payment plans' and the like that happened to be in place at the time. To the best of my knowledge these are the facts of the matter...and my information is that they are indisputable. Move over Eliot Ness?....on that basis, I'd say not.
    Last edited by triplev123; 10-19-2011 at 10:34 PM. Reason: poor spelling & sentence construction.

Flashing Red
    Quote Originally Posted by Thevoiceofreason View Post
    As for Flashing they have the money no question there but on Integrity please hold on now ... was that a pig flying by......
    Doesn't that frustrate you? It frustrates me!

triplev123
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoiceofreason View Post
    only an oversight i very rarely duck issues as you know. In all honesty i would say its 99.0% answer that is 99% of stewards would know what 99% of the gear was and was for 99% of the time.

When a gear form is lodged there is a section for unusual gear so it is often explained then.

I was at newcastle one night when lindsay jones was questioned in the stables area by the then chief steward for using a piece of unusual gear ,i say that is in the 1% area. He copped the explanation willingly.

[vvv] i think that's more than likely a pretty generous assessment but generally speaking i think you're a pretty generous sort of fella so it is at the very least in keeping. would you mind if i collected a whole heap of gear and numbered each piece then got the fellas & girls together and asked them all to firstly name and then to state the application for/use of each piece?

i am not saying you are wrong about the tco2 issue, just that it is an international issue.

[vvv] one which, for example, the Pa. Racing Commision (or whatever their name is) seems to have rather swiftly and neatly overcome, to the agreement of all concerned. Seems to be a similar situation with the ORC in Canada. It's not anywhere near as hard to institute as some people might wish to make it out to be.

as for flashing they have the money no question there but on integrity please hold on now ... Was that a pig flying by......

vvv

Real Name
    Bill Williams
    Occupation
    Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Flashing Red View Post
    Doesn't that frustrate you? It frustrates me!
    In a word "YES"

+ Reply to Thread