Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Attn: VVV/VOR - Your thoughts

Member Gelding The Rainmaker will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Eric Strong

Attn: VVV/VOR - Your thoughts

Been loving the banter over COT's lately, so whats your views on this COT and lack of notification from Menangle today:

R5

Neffeli Lavra - Started at long odds on @ $1.30 at its 3rd race start.

Won its first start leading
    Ran 2nd at its second start sitting in the death (big run in good time)
    Today is last off the arm, and last at the 800m, 6 wide round the bend for a close up 3rd.

Could not see any Change Of Tactics on the HRNSW website?
    $1.30 favourite being driven upside down and losing, I remember when Luke McCarthy drove Roman Stride against its normal pattern and winning a race, and still got fined from stewards? Will be interesting to see if anything came of Molanders drive this afternoon.

Senior Member 4YO Thevoiceofreason has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Bill Williams
    Occupation
    Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rainmaker View Post
    Been loving the banter over COT's lately, so whats your views on this COT and lack of notification from Menangle today:

R5

Neffeli Lavra - Started at long odds on @ $1.30 at its 3rd race start.

Won its first start leading
    Ran 2nd at its second start sitting in the death (big run in good time)
    Today is last off the arm, and last at the 800m, 6 wide round the bend for a close up 3rd.

Could not see any Change Of Tactics on the HRNSW website?
    $1.30 favourite being driven upside down and losing, I remember when Luke McCarthy drove Roman Stride against its normal pattern and winning a race, and still got fined from stewards? Will be interesting to see if anything came of Molanders drive this afternoon.
    I did not watch the race live to day but have just looked at the replays of all three starts it has never been driven real hard off the arm, some at its first run but never labeled urgent.

Today on replay I thought she let it begin and then after the start made a decision to go back when it was clear it would have to be driven very hard to go forward.

For mine circumstances of the race stuff but one where the stewards should have and hopefully did seek an explanation so that the punters are advised.

The report will be an interesting one.

triplev123
    Before I go and watch the replay and offer my thoughts (too busy today, scanning mares set to be bred tomorrow afternoon) my first reaction is not the COT ...rather, was it still wearing that big arse Murphy Blind?
    The reason I ask is that, judging by last week's report from Penrith, I suspect that RULE OF THE WEEK is now Gear Forms & so VOR, I do hope you'll forgive me... for I am simply trying to get out ahead of the wave.

Real Name
    Bill Williams
    Occupation
    Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by triplev123 View Post
    Before I go and watch the replay and offer my thoughts (too busy today, scanning mares set to be bred tomorrow afternoon) my first reaction is not the COT ...rather, was it still wearing that big arse Murphy Blind?
    The reason I ask is that, judging by last week's report from Penrith, I suspect that RULE OF THE WEEK is now Gear Forms & so VOR, I do hope you'll forgive me... for I am simply trying to get out ahead of the wave.
    Rule of the week you cynic

triplev123
    You're home from Menangle early today Bill.
    Have they shouted you guys a new Big Screen Plasma out there?
    The one I saw a month or two back was just plug ugly bad. Resolution was dreadful...all pixelated and blurred.
    The casual observer would be hard pressed to see if...I dunno, a horse stepped on a loose shoe for example?
    I know a bloke who works at The Good Guys up at Castle Hill and he owes me a favour.
    I'm sure he can swing HRNSW a good deal. Certainly do better than something that offers a picture quality comparable to the entire screen having been taken to with a mega jar of Vaseline.
    Last edited by triplev123; 10-18-2011 at 10:54 PM.

triplev123
    Btw...I forgot to mention Race 7.
    As I recall, last time out Woodlyn Girl left from (7) with urgent stamped across its forehead and yet today it drew (1) and made no attempt to get to the front. No mention of a COT anywhere?. "It's Lillie coming in from the Randwick end and....ooooooooh, he rips another one past the batsman and it slaps into the gloves of Marsh". Not to worry. Just as long as the Gear Form was up to date eh Bill?

Real Name
    Bill Williams
    Occupation
    Manager
    Btw...I forgot to mention Race 7.
    As I recall, last time out Woodlyn Girl left from (7) with urgent stamped across its forehead and yet today it drew (1) and made no attempt to get to the front. No mention of a COT anywhere?. "It's Lillie coming in from the Randwick end and....ooooooooh, he rips another one past the batsman and it slaps into the gloves of Marsh". Not to worry. Just as long as the Gear Form was up to date eh Bill?
    It does not matter how good the delivery is if the umpire yells "NO BALL" because even with the grainy screen you say the stewards have at Menangle it was clear on replay to me that Woodlyn Girl went ruff just before the start, that ends the go forward.

And please don't tell me an up to date gear record for each and every horse is not good for the game.

triplev123
    Ahuh. Got rough did it? Hmmmmm. Macular Degeneration & Glaucoma appear to be more widespread than anyone had first thought. Calling Fred Hollows...come in Fred.
    Gear Forms wise, I'm not trying to tell you anything of the sort Bill.
    Rather I am pointing out that a myriad of horses have indeed passed me by over the last God only knows how long & they have worn different gear from time to time....but to my knowledge it has either not been noticed or it has not been noted or most likely of all, I suspect that many of those who are charged with doing the looking...don't actually know what they were looking at. Rather my friend it is, or at the very least it appears to be...something that harks back to the days of former Sydney Rugby League Referee Greg 'Hollywood' Hartley and his 'Rule Of The Week' campaigns. What's next? Don't tell me, let me guess.......I know....it'll be Tyre Pressure!

Real Name
    Bill Williams
    Occupation
    Manager
    Ahuh. Got rough did it? Hmmmmm. Macular Degeneration & Glaucoma appear to be more widespread than anyone had first thought. Calling Fred Hollows...come in Fred.
    Gear Forms wise, I'm not trying to tell you anything of the sort Bill.
    Rather I am pointing out that a myriad of horses have indeed passed me by over the last God only knows how long & they have worn different gear from time to time....but to my knowledge it has either not been noticed or it has not been noted or most likely of all, I suspect that many of those who are charged with doing the looking...don't actually know what they were looking at. Rather my friend it is, or at the very least it appears to be...something that harks back to the days of former Sydney Rugby League Referee Greg 'Hollywood' Hartley and his 'Rule Of The Week' campaigns. What's next? Don't tell me, let me guess.......I know....it'll be Tyre Pressure!
    I assume as the stewards are normally in the room holding inquires checking on tactics ect, it probably falls to the starter steward to check the gear and if the rumors are right our former starter was busy doing other tasks.

Referred the "NO BALL call to the third up and he has confirmed it.

Flashing Red
    Do what they do in the US. Have a gear person who goes around to every horse before the race and confirm what gear it is wearing that day. No stupid gear forms, nothing. You change gear by telling the gear person. Any change of gear is put, a la breakfast TV style with their moving ticker on the bottom of the screen for all to see. They have a rule that you can't change the gear off a horse who was a last start winner, other than that you can go for your life

+ Reply to Thread