Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Its not a level playing field

triplev123
    There are different forms or allotropes of Arsenic, grey, black and yellow. I can't remember which one is which but I very strongly suspect this is not the form used by dear old souls who might want to 'off' their husbands by way of banging some into his Eggs Benedict. Even money it is Sodium Arsanilate. That's what Jurocyl is. Also referred to as pentalavent arsenic. It's a good headline but the same stuff is in ground water and there are detectable levels in tap water.
    Last edited by triplev123; 10-24-2011 at 09:19 PM. Reason: bad spelling

Banned Gelding Diesel will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    John Stevens
    Quote Originally Posted by barney View Post
    Group winner in Melbourne has tested positive to arsenic, used to help horse recover from tough run.
    All codes have it just seems more in Harness than gallops at present.
    Plenty more in the Gallops than you think....
    There are more high TC02s than Harness. The difference being they warn their participants to check feeds/routines.
    Aust Harness seem to be the only ones persisting with this...

Senior Member 4YO Thevoiceofreason has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Bill Williams
    Occupation
    Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel View Post
    Plenty more in the Gallops than you think....
    There are more high TC02s than Harness. The difference being they warn their participants to check feeds/routines.
    Aust Harness seem to be the only ones persisting with this...
    John you are partially right however a quick phone call and I think you will find out that the only state that does not provide this warning that a trainer is close to a breach of the rules is NSW to my understanding ever other state both codes has this warning system in place.

Michael Beattie introduced it to NSW as well to bring them into line but it left when he did or soon after. So there is no confusion if you are over you are over but if you are close you are warned and told to improve your procedures.

In NSW if you got a high one in the Beattie days then you got target tested for quite a while ask the trainers they all know.

Flashing Red
    Quote Originally Posted by Thevoiceofreason View Post
    John you are partially right however a quick phone call and I think you will find out that the only state that does not provide this warning that a trainer is close to a breach of the rules is NSW to my understanding ever other state both codes has this warning system in place.
    Not Qld as far as I believe.... I actually thought it was only Vic that sent warning letters. I think they are a great idea. It might help completely innocent trainers uncover dehydration issues (especially in winter times) and a host of other things etc....

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    Quote Originally Posted by Toe Cutter View Post
    When was the last time Washakie sat parked..????
    It was a sting......
    Washakie has sat in the death 4 or 5 times in his last 12 start's and do you think John said to Washakie's owner's were gonna team drive so Mr Feelgood can win and we'll run for place money
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Banned Gelding Diesel will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    John Stevens
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Hando View Post
    Washakie has sat in the death 4 or 5 times in his last 12 start's and do you think John said to Washakie's owner's were gonna team drive so Mr Feelgood can win and we'll run for place money
    Washakie has sat in the death twice in his last 12 starts......
    1 was a Tuesday outside Destreos........
    The 2nd was when he landed there not cos he wanted to be there.

You wouldnt know what "John" is thinking.....Only one of his horses was gunna get a sit behind Smokin Up.
    Mr Feelgood drew 1 and if he led I bet Washakie wouldnt have been outside him.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year mightymo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    Bling It On, Nike Franco, Cruz Bromac

You wouldnt know what "John" is thinking.....Only one of his horses was gunna get a sit behind Smokin Up.
    so where would you think Washakie should have been in the run. Would you have preferred he restrained back to last or alternatively took sit on a 250/1 pop??

Washakie applied no pressure to Smoken Up. In fact, Lance has publicly come out and said he drove a bad race in that he went too slow on Smoken Up and that he should have made it a much tougher staying test...

Senior Member 2YO Big Max will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ross La Spina
    Brilliantly said mightymo, Washakie is a true grand circuit contender and (IMO) the best place for him FROM THE DRAW was to sit quietly in the death.30 sec quarters in this grade is comfortable for a horse like Washakie.

There will always be conspiracy theories when a trainer has more than one runner especially when they are as successful as the McCarthy team.Starts getting a little annoying after a while.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando

On Harnessweb it say's he was in thr death seat on 9-7-11,16-7-11,23-8-11 and 22-10-11 only saying what i read
    and if Mr Feelgood had led Smoken Up would have been in the death with Washakie in the 1 x 1 i reckon
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Senior Member 4YO Thevoiceofreason has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Bill Williams
    Occupation
    Manager
    As always happy to be corrected biggest career win, the Truer, sat in the death.

You just got to love a conspiracy theory.

+ Reply to Thread