Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Will Lather Up prove to be worth his $6k service fee?

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

Will Lather Up prove to be worth his $6k service fee?

http://www.harnesslink.com/Australia...Woodlands-Stud

This fast grandson of Bettors may prove to be a siring sensation but do the weaknesses in his pedigree (Sire and damline) warrant $6,600 in Oz
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year KTQ will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Katie Howlett
    Horses
    Jack Mac, Sugar Street
    Has his sire done much? Pretty steep for an unproven sire

My father believes that Roll With Joe might be an OK grandsire, as perhaps the good genetics will swing sideways. And maybe BD's good genes might send their tendrils down a generation further.

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    There is a tendency to bring stallions to Australasia that are decendents of stallions that have already been here, eg, Always B Miki by Always a Virgin.

Lather Up's sire is from an Andrel mare and his dam is by In the Pocket. No complaints there, he will prove a good cross in NZ.

Further back on his dam's side we have Umbrella Fella. Enough said there. His sire I'm Gorgeous stood for $3000 in Ohio, certainly in unknown quantity downunder.

Lather Up can hang his hat on his track performance. If I hear or see any mention of him being "exceptionally well bred" I will puke.

+ Reply to Thread