Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Black caviar

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    All questions answered about the champ getting 1400 but going back to 1000 and crushing a horse like Hay List. Freakish.

aussiebreno
    I don't know about 'crushing'. 1.75lengths and Hay List had to give her a 2kg headstart. That shows how good Hay List is though, he would be the Takeover Target, Miss Andretti, Choisor etc but Black Caviar is just in a class of her own. Awesome to watch. Fingers crossed when she goes overseas she produces this form because she will crush them if the deeds of Fastnet Rock, Choisor etc are anything to go by.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    I don't know about 'crushing'. 1.75lengths and Hay List had to give her a 2kg headstart. That shows how good Hay List is though, he would be the Takeover Target, Miss Andretti, Choisor etc but Black Caviar is just in a class of her own. Awesome to watch. Fingers crossed when she goes overseas she produces this form because she will crush them if the deeds of Fastnet Rock, Choisor etc are anything to go by.

Yeah Aussiebreno, don't worry, when Hay List came East I was all over him like a rash. The single unluckiest sprinter that God put breath in...to be born in the same generation as Black Caviar. Did you see how his jockey sat up on him at the 75m knowing full well he had been licked by her yet again? I call that crushing. Totally dominant and in pretty handy time. How lucky are we to see such an animal in our time. Would you believe I backed that American champion when it got beat going for the record. I hope they keep B C unbackable 'cos I don't want to put the jinx on her with any financial support.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    Went to Flemington with son on Saturday to have a look. Could get pretty close to her in the stabling area. There was people, kids and cameramen and journalists with funny accents all trying to get a peek. Watched most races from up the top of the big grandstand (thats a lot of steps to go up for your ageing dad mate!). Noticed a few people around parade ring before each race but not packed. Luckily, went down before the race before Black Caviars and got a spot on the parade ring fence so he could have a good look at her. 40 minutes before she came into parade ring they were 5 deep. Even deeper when she got there. Peter Moody looked very 'tense'. We watched her walk around a bit and then left to give someone else a look and went back to our perch in the grandstand (seemed like a lot more steps as the day went on). They were still in the parade ring when we got there and when she walked out onto the track the crowd followed. Amazing to watch from up high. The whole crowd followed her and took up positions along that long walkway that leads to the track. 5 deep along it they were, all the way from the winning post to the 400m mark. All the kids activities were empty. Even the bars looked empty.

And did they light up at the 300m mark when she looked a bit vulnerable. Playing up to the crowd maybe? Reception she got coming back was memorable to say the very least.

We made it down to the fence that exits the parade ring before she left post race presentation. People there clapping and cheering more than before. The smile on her strappers face was as wide as the track and she walked her slowly back making sure everyone who wanted to take a photo got one. A very 'untense' Peter Moody followed not far behind with a smile almost as big.

"Come on mate we got to get home to feed ours". As we left we turned back for a look and thousands of people were following us. Had radio on in car when we got out and they said the crowd had gone from 26,000+ to about 1,500 after her race!

Son 'helped' feed when got home. Our 2yo Life Sign filly not happy we were late. "Here's an example of going from one extreme to the other mate. Going to watch Black Caviar and then feeding this ill tempered, ill mannered filly". "It's like dropping Jennifer Hawkins and picking up Dame Edna".

Son brought home a souvenier too (see pic...). "Fine by me mate. Just dunno how we explain it to your mum"
    Attached Images

Banned Foal kaybee will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Kim Brennan
    Good on the young bloke he had a great day out

Senior Member 4YO Don Corleone has a spectacular aura about Don Corleone's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ray Fidow
    Occupation
    Sec Cons
    Nice photo Paul !! Great stuff. Black Caviar is also a sensation over this part of the world. On saturday there were 2 Black Caviar parties that I knew of but I didn't make it to either of them as I was working. I recieved a text message from a guy who has never been to a race meeting in his life asking what time Black Caviars race was on TV!!
    What a horse!!!

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Nice work Luke, watch a great mare race then back it up with a nice filly to hold onto. Paul just blame it on Luke it was all his fault lmao.

Senior Member Colt LisaB25 will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Lisa Bendotti
    Horses
    Hillview Aussie, Choccy Mac
    The little bro - all to hard looks a star in the making too. Super performance today.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    Little sister bought 2.6 million today now that's some serious cash.
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    All good Greg you still have a chane to buy share's as there selling 30% so let the moth's fly.

+ Reply to Thread