Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Peperell Beijing.......1.54.6 ?

Senior Member 4YO Lucky Camilla"s Lovechild will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Leigh Stollery

Peperell Beijing.......1.54.6 ?

I've watched this horse race in Victoria, and with all due respect to it's current and former connections....WTF? I'm calling shenanagins. SHENANAGINS!!!!!!!!

aussiebreno
    Nah; about December/January this year is broke 2 minutes in a trial at Albury IIRC

triplev123

The Punter's Graveyard didn't get to you did it Leigh?

Horse has always had a measure of ability, he got a VERY cheap middle half for that grade, 60.8, and Dasher's horse had to work double overtime from the back of the field to get up to him & faced the breeze from there. Excellent drive J. Painting. Every single fav. went down on Saturday night too Leigh....Goeslikell, Arctic Fire, Red Army, Garnet River, Mexican Invasion, Make Mine Cullen, Gidup Tuscany Gold and the applicable race where Heza Trick went around as the short shot...they ALL bit the dust. Sure that wasn't a factor for you? It wasn't a night of burnt all-ups was it ?????

Real Name
    Leigh Stollery
    Mate, I hadn't even seen it around till I saw the results from Saturday night.

Real Name
    Leigh Stollery
    Quote Originally Posted by triplev123 View Post
    Horse has always had a measure of ability, he got a VERY cheap middle half for that grade, 60.8, and Dasher's horse had to work double overtime from the back of the field to get up to him & faced the breeze from there. Excellent drive J. Painting. Every single fav. went down on Saturday night too Leigh....Goeslikell, Arctic Fire, Red Army, Garnet River, Mexican Invasion, Make Mine Cullen, Gidup Tuscany Gold and the applicable race where Heza Trick went around as the short shot...they ALL bit the dust. Sure that wasn't a factor for you? It wasn't a night of burnt all-ups was it ?????
    Yes, a measure of ability, but not 1.54.6 ability! Give me a break. I wasn't that interested in what he beat, just the time he ran. Are your clocks slower up there?

Flashing Red
    1:54 isn't fast. I trackworked a $6,000 claimer there one day in 1:56 and he did it on his ear. Times at Menangle can be very deceiving..... Note I haven't look up the race or the horse, just saying as a general comment you don't have to be a star to run 1:54

Real Name
    Leigh Stollery
    Quote Originally Posted by Flashing Red View Post
    1:54 isn't fast. I trackworked a $6,000 claimer there one day in 1:56 and he did it on his ear. Times at Menangle can be very deceiving..... Note I haven't look up the race or the horse, just saying as a general comment you don't have to be a star to run 1:54
    What the hell are you feeding your horses up there, rocket fuel? Ours just run on pats and cuddles.

Flashing Red
    lol, it was at Menangle, not Albion Park. Horse would race 1:56 at Albion Park but certainly wouldn't trackwork that on that track (AP) To be honest I went faster thatI was suppose to, but a big track like that they do it so easy.

If you look at the times at Menangle from 12 months ago to now... they are now a lot quicker. Just as they will be a lot quicker in another 12 months. Hard thing is that a lot of NSW drivers are still driving around Menangle like it is a half mile track, which is why there are slow times and fast times and it can be hard to get a reading. I mean no one quarter there should be slower than 30 seconds, but still see 31+ second quarters at Menangle every week.... 1:54 for a metropolitan event over 1 mile really isn't that fast for that track

Real Name
    Leigh Stollery
    Quote Originally Posted by Flashing Red View Post
    lol, it was at Menangle, not Albion Park. Horse would race 1:56 at Albion Park but certainly wouldn't trackwork that on that track (AP) To be honest I went faster thatI was suppose to, but a big track like that they do it so easy.

If you look at the times at Menangle from 12 months ago to now... they are now a lot quicker. Just as they will be a lot quicker in another 12 months. Hard thing is that a lot of NSW drivers are still driving around Menangle like it is a half mile track, which is why there are slow times and fast times and it can be hard to get a reading. I mean no one quarter there should be slower than 30 seconds, but still see 31+ second quarters at Menangle every week.... 1:54 for a metropolitan event over 1 mile really isn't that fast for that track
    Fair enough, I'll take your word, but I'll be interested to see if PB can run those times week in week out.

triplev123
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Camilla"s Lovechild View Post
    Yes, a measure of ability, but not 1.54.6 ability! Give me a break. I wasn't that interested in what he beat, just the time he ran. Are your clocks slower up there?
    [VVV] Leigh, I think you're in need a Yardstick moreso than I'm in need of a new Clock.
    Menangle is a big track & it is fast, even in the middle of Winter they can run quick times.
    In the warmer weather, Spring/Summer, with the right temperature & humidity levels & with the right early tempo (all of which were present on this occasion), it is lightning fast. Not only that, but the warmer it gets out there the more speed holds up on the lead.
    By way of a Yardstick, a C3-C5 going in 1:54.6 at Menangle is a C3-C5 going in the early to mid 1:59's at HP...which is, surprise, surprise, a time that's close to what he clocked at Albury (a pretty tight half miler) as was noted by Breno. Further to all that, the horse had won his previous start by near 14m over the half miler track at Wagga in 2:01 for 1755m.
    For him to then step out at Menangle over the 7/8ths track & go 1:54.6 for a race that's 146m shorter, i.e 1609m as compared to 1755...it's not a 'bolt from the blue' mile really.
    For the sake of the exercise, what would you think the speed differential is (as expressed in seconds) between the 1755m at Wagga and the 1609m at Menangle? I've got a pretty good idea what it is from HP to Menangle. Interested in what you think it is from Wagga to Menangle.

+ Reply to Thread