+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Incredible Broodmares

Senior Member Horse Of The Year KTQ will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Katie Howlett
    Horses
    Jack Mac, Sugar Street

Incredible Broodmares

Its got to be near some kind of record for a broodmare to have 4 starters at 1 meeting? Party Date at GP last Friday. Wonder what the record is

http://www.harness.org.au/media-room...?news_id=43920
    Last edited by KTQ; 06-12-2020 at 01:29 AM.

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by KTQ View Post
    Know I post about my own stable a lot but I have no outside life �� ���� Its got to be near some kind of record for a broodmare to have 4 starters at 1 meeting? Party Date at GP last Friday. Wonder what the record is

http://www.harness.org.au/media-room...?news_id=43920
    The 1978 NSW mare Souriboe had 16 foals for 13 winners of a total of 133 races through the 80's and 90's mostly in the Sydney area, I would be surprised if there not a few nights where 3 or more were at the same meeting but I can't tell you Katie, that mare was some sort of producer though, average of 10 wins per winner and 13 individual winners in total would be hard to better in itself I'd reckon.

cheers,

Danno
    Last edited by Danno; 06-10-2020 at 10:06 PM. Reason: grammar pie

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    The 1978 NSW mare Souriboe had 16 foals for 13 winners of a total of 133 races through the 80's and 90's mostly in the Sydney area, I would be surprised if there not a few nights where 3 or more were at the same meeting but I can't tell you Katie, that mare was some sort of producer though, average of 10 wins per winner and 13 individual winners in total would be hard to better in itself I'd reckon.

cheers,

Danno
    How about the record of Miss Paula. 12 winners from 14 foals at Ave of 12 wins each. And the best two break down after 4 and 18 starts. Jackie Kelly is now well on the way to meeting Mums efforts in the breeding barn!

Can Kev start a thread for freak broodmares with these posts?

+ Reply to Thread