Roll With Joe

Thread: Comparing Maternal Families - a spreadsheet

Threaded View

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

Comparing Maternal Families - a spreadsheet

I am inspired by Katie (and my son who explained Google Docs to me) to share something I have worked on and looks at breeding more from the Dam's perspective

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...hRg/edit#gid=0

It is long and first lists Australian families, then New Zealand families (from Row 245) and finally USA families (from Row 446)

I call it Classic Families list. It is something I started as a result of my love for Ian Daff's Black Book which always screamed out for an index (hence the last column)
    On discovering Ron Groves, John Peck, Peter Craig and Simon Morris's magnificent

http://classicfamilies.net/

I adapted it and you could call it my summary of their Family Winners

At present I am updating the Winners table to make it the number of individual Gp1 winners that each family has produced this century - only the red are updated numbers (the others are only 2000 - 2012, I think)
    But you can see why one could say that, to breed a Gp1 winner you are best having a mare from one of the proven families

Some might say it has some value when it comes to choosing a stallion in that you can see which families produce the most stallions
    Enjoy it for what it is - simply a fans dabbling, advise me of any glaring admissions - there are lots as I cannot say I have put a lot of work into it, Ignore the green inclusions that are for my personal interest only and feel free to ask any questions
    (Q of Q's refers to the Norman Hall publication Queen Among Queens)
    Last edited by Messenger; 07-17-2020 at 01:42 AM. Reason: Update below
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI