Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Stewards Info NSW

Senior Member 2YO doinmabest has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Fred Hastings

Stewards Info NSW

The following directions and resolutions emanated from the HRNSW Board Meeting yesterday, effective immediately.

1. Stewards intend to be more stringent and fine drivers for talking while on the racetrack in association with the Australian Harness Racing Rules

2. Stewards intend to be more stringent and fine drivers for contacting marker pegs in association the Australian Harness Racing Rules

3. Following intensive research HRNSW has expanded its strategy with regards to freezing swab samples in the expectation that testing protocols for a number of substances, including ITPP, is imminent

triplev123
    Welcome to everyone's favourite Game Show

RULE....OF....THE....WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!

Now here's your host....Damon Killian!

WHO DO YOU LOVE? WHO...DO....YOU LOVE?

1 outa 3 ain't bad I guess Fred.

triplev123

Talk or clip the pegs and you're gone but...

...interfer with another horse & go on to win or run in the money history shows you'll invariably be allowed to keep the race/your place cheque?
    Why is it that all of a sudden this focus is placed drivers talking on the track or clipping pegs, that is deemed to be more of a priority than the Board similarly instructing the Stewards to use the full extent of the current rule book by way of either relegating or disqualifying horses that have caused interference during a race? Ground Control to Major Tom. Can you hear me Major Tom? Fair dinkum.

Senior Member 3YO strong persuader has a spectacular aura about strong persuader's Avatar
    Real Name
    Phil Bourke
    Quote Originally Posted by triplev123 View Post
    ...interfer with another horse & go on to win or run in the money history shows you'll invariably be allowed to keep the race/your place cheque?
    Why is it that all of a sudden this focus is placed drivers talking on the track or clipping pegs, that is deemed to be more of a priority than the Board similarly instructing the Stewards to use the full extent of the current rule book by way of either relegating or disqualifying horses that have caused interference during a race? Ground Control to Major Tom. Can you hear me Major Tom? Fair dinkum.
    I know that one should address the minor problems as well, but not before addressing the major ones. Bit like planting the bulbs before preparing the garden bed in my books!
    Take more action in regards to drugs and interference and our sport may just rise from the mire of it's latest scandal with brighter prospects. We are all disgusted with episodes like Vertigal's placing in that infamous Gold Tiara Final!
    Warning: Horses are expensive, addictive, and may impair the ability to use common sense.

triplev123
    The Member for Blayney has the Floor. Well said.

Flashing Red
    I think this is excellent but where was it announced? Can't see it on harness.org.au....
    Last edited by Flashing Red; 10-28-2011 at 01:39 PM. Reason: spelling. and still not sure if i got it right!!

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year David Summers will become famous soon enough David Summers's Avatar
    Real Name
    David Summers
    Quote Originally Posted by Flashing Red View Post
    I think this is excellent but where was it announced? Can't see it on harness.org.au....
    It was released here : http://www.hrnsw.com.au/hrnsw-media-release307.html

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year David Summers will become famous soon enough David Summers's Avatar
    Real Name
    David Summers

Flashing Red
    Thank you.

Junior Member Yearling coldshot will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Rebecca Taylor
    Occupation
    Teacher/Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by strong persuader View Post
    I know that one should address the minor problems as well, but not before addressing the major ones. Bit like planting the bulbs before preparing the garden bed in my books!
    Take more action in regards to drugs and interference and our sport may just rise from the mire of it's latest scandal with brighter prospects. We are all disgusted with episodes like Vertigal's placing in that infamous Gold Tiara Final!
    I guess this is what Board's do when trying to avoid an elephant that has been around for enough time now to start being bored with sitting in a corner and in all probability is doing the rhumba round the board table.

+ Reply to Thread