Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Stewards Info NSW

Senior Member Horse Of The Year The Form Student will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    Rocket Glenfern, Tudor Royal, Manaroa,
    Quote Originally Posted by Harold Parker View Post
    Dunno what you do for a crust Steve but have you ever thought of becoming a steward ? : )
    That's cheeky!..........to be honest with you...........I hate doing my money, and all I ask is for is my share of luck in running, I make a decision on a race on who I like etc, and bet accordingly............but I don't have control of luck in running, it can vary from 0-100%, and so often decides the result, apart from the horse, it's driver, the track, the other runners etc.
    In the race we are talking about, Screaman Seaman "should have won" bit it didn't.........it won't be the first or last time this happens! The horse landed 1-2 back in running, perfect!........a horse gets caught 3 wide and decided to stay there rather going foward or back........it happens......the driver makes a decision to follow the 1-1 horse rather than a horse that has been 3 wide since the outset.......I can't say this was a bad decision......SS gets completely taken back through the field to the point where the ground to make up is too much.......and we know the result......the other option in this would have been to follow Rollon Gidget 3 wide early, pull 4 wide and go and race outside leader, I am sure BJH would have let BPH have the spot!.........SS seems to run better when held up for a final sprint and that was the tactic to be employed, but the circumstances of the race did not allow SS to get the required run to show it's best ability!
    Now, if you think I have got this wrong.......please give me your explanation of where.......because all I have done is describe how the race unfolded!
    I have analysed races, trials etc., over a long period of time.....I don't care how good your form study is........you still need luck, and that luck can range from 0-100%.......all you can ask for is your fair share over time.......then if your form is good, you will come out in front. How many times have you been on the "wrong foot" when having a punt, never get any luck in running, driver does not drive the way you expect, every photo finish goes against you.........then other times your "walking on water" can't do a thing wrong! Puntingis frustrating.......my only advise is to stick to your opinion, don't get put off by the odds, and hang in there........so won't go crazy then!
    I don't think they would employ a punter as a steward, but as a form researcher for the stewards......then I would jump at this........I know they have form experts advising the stewards panels at the gallops!
    My occupation is in finance!

Banned Colt Old Frank will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Nathan Butler
    Quote Originally Posted by Daryl New View Post
    Heres one for you. Given the supposed issue of substances supposedly remaining in a horses system and thus returning a positive above the internationally recognised levels, why not give those trainers/owners, when receiving or transferring a horse an at cost service of freezing swab samples on the arrival of said horse at the stables. Of course we would all have to accept he integrity of the laboratories providing this service and the collection process. At least we would until a positive occurred and then we would go into shock and attempt to discredit the integrity of everyone except our current favourite participants.
    At the same time, No one be allowed near horses before they are swabbed, particularly at presentations and All participants to wear gloves when handling horses to prevent external applications of illegal substances. Or as all people enter all sections of a racecourse they apply Dettol handwash to ensure they are not carrying any prohibited substances on there hands, but wait why not airport xrays at every entrabce to ensure they have no prohibited products for application on their person.
    While Im at it, lets continue the practise of protracted legal action to delay any application of penalty, hang on, even enquiries into positive swabs or questionable behaviour. In fact we could allocate money from the budget ( are you listening Julia ) to assist only those who can afford protracted legal action to delay and obfuscate these issues. Getup wouldnt be at work on these forums would they.
    There's a soapbox rant of rubbish if I've ever seen one!

Member Yearling Daryl New will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Daryl New
    Occupation
    horse trainer
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Frank View Post
    There's a soapbox rant of rubbish if I've ever seen one!
    Not a rant OLD FRANK/Nathan just looking at the ridiculousness of the process and expressing frustration that the legal system lets us down. Some on the track today thought that the transfer swabbing a good idea Even sold shares in the freezing and storage company

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    I don't think they would employ a punter as a steward, but as a form researcher for the stewards......then I would jump at this........I know they have form experts advising the stewards panels at the gallops!
    My occupation is in finance![/QUOTE]

The RIU here were looking for such a person currently.. If you can handle getting up 2 hours earlier (but you do get to go to bed 2 hrs later)

The Racing Integrity Unit (RIU) manages the application of, and adherence to the Rules of Racing for Thoroughbred, Greyhound and Harness Racing in New Zealand.

A vacancy now exists for part-time Betting Analyst (3 days per week) to join the RIU and contribute to the effective operation of racing and ensure that the rules and regulations both on and off-course are followed and adhered too, with the result that racing is conducted with integrity and there is enhanced public confidence in our industry.

The role includes but is not limited to
    • Investigating form.
    • Analysing betting and betting trends across the three racing codes.
    • Develop and maintain relationships with the New Zealand TAB and overseas betting agencies.
    • Providing daily information to Stipendiary Stewards on live betting trends.
    • Assisting in hearings before the Judicial Control Authority.

A flexible approach to working hours is required due to the requirements of the industry. Some travel within New Zealand may be required. The role is based in Auckland.

You will have an extensive knowledge of betting and racing and be familiar with the industry as a whole. A high level of competency in IT operations, an ability to meet deadlines, and a high standard of analytical, written and verbal skills are required.

Importantly the appointee will be able to demonstrate a high level of integrity and apply decisions consistently and objectively.

This role is part-time however there is a possibility it could become full-time in the future.

Please forward your CV and covering letter by email to admin@riu.org.nz.

A position description is available on the RIU website www.riu.org.nz.

Applications close at 5pm Monday 16 January 2012.

Sorry it's closed.
    But you could still make enquiries. I can't imagine there's anyone in NZ for that job..!!

Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    teecee, I would love that job, I spend hours pulling form apart, trying to compare tracks, going back after races to consider the results and form etc......I will now keep an eye out for future positions!!!!

Senior Member 4YO Thevoiceofreason has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Bill Williams
    Occupation
    Manager
    For the record boys the betting steward or form steward at the Gallops in NSW is most certainly a former punter.

Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    Quote Originally Posted by Thevoiceofreason View Post
    For the record boys the betting steward or form steward at the Gallops in NSW is most certainly a former punter.
    I wonder how they measure their ability?

Senior Member 4YO Thevoiceofreason has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Bill Williams
    Occupation
    Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by The Form Student View Post
    I wonder how they measure their ability?
    Steve

It is a little different in the gallops the "form steward" is based in Sydney he attends all metro and some midweek provincial meetings he also monitors betfair and advises stewards throughout the state of unusual betting trends on certain horses. I have not included him in the information below.

As I have preached before it is all about money and everyone wants integrity and noone wants to fund it, for example comparing apples with apples.

Average NSW Metro Gallops Panel 6 stewards---- Harness 4.

Average NSW Provincial Gallops Panel ( Newcastle) 4 stewards---- Harness 2

Average NSW Country Gallops ( Muswellbrook) 3 stewards--- Harness 2

so whilst ever we continue to under staff the stewards panels things will be missed it is as simple as that, they the stewards are not supermen.

Senior Member 2YO Harold Parker is an unknown quantity at this point
    Real Name
    Robert Parker
    Quote Originally Posted by Harold Parker View Post
    Stewards queried the driving tactics of B Hewitt (SCREAMAN SEAMAN) in particular over the final 600 metres of the event where after settling in a one wide position approaching the 400 metres SCREAMAN SEAMAN was held up between runners and failed to gain clear running until approximately the 200 metre mark. When questioned driver B Hewitt stated that he believed the horse he was trailing namely CIRCUMSTANTIAL was going to carry him into the race. When this did not occur he was held when RENEGING had moved to his outside. He further stated that he did not believe it was in SCREAMAN SEAMAN’s best interests to progress four wide rounding the turn. In view of the circumstances driver B Hewitt’s explanation was noted for future reference.

Odds On FAV hoping for a 1000-1 shot to carrying him into the race. Not in the horses best interest of the horse to come Four Wide rounding the turn. Are you kidding me ? Meanwhile the heavily supported stablemate "pinches" it.

So Panella gets 28 days for honestly admitting to stewards that her drive on Daryl's horse wasn't the best. The younger B Hewitt talks a load of BS on an Odds On Fav with the heavily supported stablemate streaking away on the engine and the stewards lap it up. Where's the consistency from these Bozo's ?
    Screamin Seaman was beaten a half head today. Attacked Grand Stride for the lead in 26 and change. Sat parked before going after Grand Stride again from the 600m getting the better of him (2-7 Fav) in deep stretch before being nailed late one of Neil Day's which had the dream trip just off them ... in 1.53 and change !!

Amazing what happens when there isn't a heavily supported stablemate on the engine in need of protection.

Member Gelding doncht will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Don Chet
    Hi guys, any recent tips for this one so far?

+ Reply to Thread