Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Stewards Info NSW

Banned Filly tiny will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Andy Macole
    If I you were a trainer that was using ITPP to treat your team. You know the test is coming it may be 5 months it may be 5 years. Would you stop using it now or keep going and collect as much money as you can now??

They are freezing swabs and say a trainer has 20 frozen swabs they all come positve will this be treated as twenty positives or one??

Let's say some of the leading stables and big name trainers are found to be using ITPP do you think that they will be charged or just told not to use it any more and the files hidden away never to be seen again.

It apears to me that the last thing harness racing needs is a major swab story involving big name trainers. They are happy to just catch a few no namers for TCO2 to look like there doing there but to keep the races clean.

Member Gelding The Rainmaker will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Eric Strong
    Quote Originally Posted by tiny View Post
    It apears to me that the last thing harness racing needs is a major swab story involving big name trainers. They are happy to just catch a few no namers for TCO2 to look like there doing there but to keep the races clean.
    They've already got a major swab and bribe story with big players involved, yet no mention of it at all at the HRNSW board meeting. I would have thought it would have been the most pressing issue? They'd prefer to focus on coming down hard on drivers contacting marker pegs instead by the looks.

As for ITPP, its out there, and if and when a test becomes available to detect it, what will it cost to test dozens upon dozens of frozen samples months and months later? It wont happen, and if it does only a fraction of samples will be spot tested.

I think you're right, its funny how small trainers are going down for TC02's for seventh placings in the bush yet the big players who are using ITPP continue on their merry way, along with those embroiled in the swabbing and bribing scandal.

They must have one mighty big broom and a hell of a lot of carpet down there at HRNSW headquarters in Bankstown.

Banned Filly tiny will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Andy Macole
    I think we may have herd the last of the swab and bribe story

Banned Gelding Diesel will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    John Stevens
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rainmaker View Post
    They've already got a major swab and bribe story with big players involved, yet no mention of it at all at the HRNSW board meeting. I would have thought it would have been the most pressing issue? They'd prefer to focus on coming down hard on drivers contacting marker pegs instead by the looks.

As for ITPP, its out there, and if and when a test becomes available to detect it, what will it cost to test dozens upon dozens of frozen samples months and months later? It wont happen, and if it does only a fraction of samples will be spot tested.

I think you're right, its funny how small trainers are going down for TC02's for seventh placings in the bush yet the big players who are using ITPP continue on their merry way, along with those embroiled in the swabbing and bribing scandal.

They must have one mighty big broom and a hell of a lot of carpet down there at HRNSW headquarters in Bankstown.
    Your on the right trail boys.....

They are ignoring the big players much like Admin does here by deleting comments made in a public forum.
    Protection is the key word here.....

It wasnt all that long back that comments on here regarding some trainers with positives were left on here as well as pictures with captions.........An even playing field for all is required.

Flashing Red
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel View Post
    It wasnt all that long back that comments on here regarding some trainers with positives were left on here as well as pictures with captions.........An even playing field for all is required.
    You are right, and as you are also aware a BIG effort has been made to clean this forum up in recent months because the drivel that was being said on here was getting out of control. Just because this is a public forum does not mean you can say what you want. If you don't like the rule, don't post on here and don't keep opening new accounts. It's not that hard. It's not about "protecting" a select few industry participants from criticism. It's about making sure Harnesslink doesn't get sued for defamation and keeping the quality of the forum up in general. No-one is getting special treatment.

Banned 2YO ringman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hill
    Occupation
    Laying Horses
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rainmaker View Post

Its been that way for decades and nothing has changed hence the reason Harness racing has the bad name its got but dont blame the battling trainers because they always seem to get the short straw while the Elite seem to do as they please.

Funny isnt it how the battlers struggling to stay afloat are always the ones caught while the bigger stables wouldnt think of juicing up their team or could it be they are a protected species with different rules to play by.

maybe a sweep of the boardroom would reveal more than meets the eye
    only solution is to clean out the present board and start again anew

Senior Member 4YO Thevoiceofreason has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Bill Williams
    Occupation
    Manager
    This thread is a joke and I am actually embarrassed to be participating with the exception of Fred Hastings the rest is rubbish.

In relation to the ongoing investigation when will you learn it is going to take TIME.

In relation to drug testing the authorities are doing their best as are the labs again it is going to take TIME.

If you are stupid enough to use a substance that it easily detectable you will get caught now.

In relation to the two other rules, they race too tight in NSW we all know it, but if the stewards were came down on it and starting fining drivers for travelling too close to the pegs by hitting them there would be an outcry about revenue raising this rule will assist to lessen interference to some degree .

This announcement simply gives the drivers a warning before action is commenced that is a good move.

I do not like the other rule about talking on the track it is stupid because "one goers" or" help" are not worked out on the track it happens long before that if it happens but it is a perception rule and you would be shocked how many complaints the stewards get about this rule not being enforced. Again when it is enforced the call goes out revenue raising.

You should know VVV you are always accusing the previous ruling body of such things.

This is dumb thread, dumb comments and I may not have helped by adding mine but for everybody's sake be patient and let HRNSW do the job and when the goalposts have been moved for whatever reason do not bag them for at least telling everyone.

triplev123
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoiceofreason View Post
    this thread is a joke and i am actually embarrassed to be participating with the exception of fred hastings the rest is rubbish.

[vvv] some of it is, some of it is certainly not.

in relation to the ongoing investigation when will you learn it is going to take time.

[vvv] could not agree more. That has been my repeatedly stated position, as you know full well.

in relation to drug testing the authorities are doing their best as are the labs again it is going to take time.

[vvv] ...and the sun rises in the east & sets in the west. You're stating the obvious here because..........?

if you are stupid enough to use a substance that it easily detectable you will get caught now.

[vvv] good. I don't doubt this. 'twas not always so however.
    that so many people are still very, very ticked off is, at the very least, understandable, however inaccurate or misplaced their anger may, from time to time, be. All things considered, i am quite amazed that so many people have taken the news they got back in august or thereabouts as well as they have done. That was not the point of the posts that i have made to this thread, however.

in relation to the two other rules, they race too tight in nsw we all know it, but if the stewards were came down on it and starting fining drivers for travelling too close to the pegs by hitting them there would be an outcry about revenue raising this rule will assist to lessen interference to some degree .

[vvv] why not address interference itself instead of continually dancing around the rule like a bunch of pommies around a maypole?

this announcement simply gives the drivers a warning before action is commenced that is a good move.

[vvv] here is where we begin to diverge. For more years than i care to remember stewards across australia have had the opportunity to come down hard on racing interference but they have repeatedly chosen to place it in the too hard basket and aim up on a series of comparitively minor infractions instead. their continued extreme reluctance to fully embrace relegation/setback/disqualification in direct response to interference has had me absolutely baffled and has done for decades. You can't hang your hat on perception rules such as talking on track or whip use or changes of tactics whilst at the same time ignoring interference. The duplicitous nature of that stance is unsustainable.

i do not like the other rule about talking on the track it is stupid because "one goers" or" help" are not worked out on the track it happens long before that if it happens but it is a perception rule and you would be shocked how many complaints the stewards get about this rule not being enforced.

[vvv] how tied up in knots are we going to get ourselves before we realise that perception does not neccessarily = reality????
    the labor party is no longer in office here in nsw so there is no need to continue with a reactionary come manage by crisis approach. There's no need to do pretty much anything in order to at least be seen to be doing something. This is a classic sussex st. Machine men approach. Karl bitar would no doubt be proud that the tradition continues, however 'in longer-term destructive' that it may ultimately be.

again when it is enforced the call goes out revenue raising.

[vvv] i certainly didn't mention revenue raising, though others may well have. Rather i made fun of the announcement because to my mind, despite the efforts of successive boards to ignore its presence... The interference elephant continues to sit in the corner of the room. If an announcement had been made to the effect that the board was instructing the stewards to crack down on racing interference you would have heard the cheers for miles.

you should know vvv you are always accusing the previous ruling body of such things.

[vvv]??? Always accusing??? Of such things??? If you're going to make stuff up 'bill'...if you're going to create straw men to knock down...then at the very least be a little more creative in trying to sell to me my shortcomings & those of my position on such issues.
    i do not back away from the fact that i've long bagged the utter debacle that was the deplorable, lamentable & thankfully now well & truly defunct ghrra...their faults were many, varied & extensive in nature, but as far as i can recall a criticism of revenue raising was never, ever one of the rockets that i aimed at that organisation. if you can show me evidence to the contrary then i appologise profusely in advance. if not, then perhaps you might see your way clear to do us both a favour & drop the 'such things' routine?

this is dumb thread, dumb comments and i may not have helped by adding mine but for everybody's sake be patient and let hrnsw do the job and when the goalposts have been moved for whatever reason do not bag them for at least telling everyone.

[vvv] as i said above, parts of it are, parts of it are not. It appears you're in the 'ignoring the elephant' camp as far as interference goes. Obviously i am not.
    vvv
    Last edited by triplev123; 10-31-2011 at 07:20 PM. Reason: bad spelling

Senior Member 4YO Thevoiceofreason has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Bill Williams
    Occupation
    Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by triplev123 View Post
    vvv
    I am far from soft on on interference as you know I just do not agree with relegation and never will so debate over on that issue it was under the GHRRA that penalties for such infringements went from a $100 fine to a suspension from driving in races but perhaps you forget that significant change.

On reflection I may have misunderstood one of your previous posts about where the money had gone under the GHRRA so I will cop that on the chin.

Banned Weanling CEdwards81 will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Chris Edwards
    Quote Originally Posted by Thevoiceofreason View Post
    I am far from soft on on interference as you know I just do not agree with relegation and never will so debate over on that issue it was under the GHRRA that penalties for such infringements went from a $100 fine to a suspension from driving in races but perhaps you forget that significant change.

On reflection I may have misunderstood one of your previous posts about where the money had gone under the GHRRA so I will cop that on the chin.
    So which steward(or ex-steward) are you MR Williams???

+ Reply to Thread