Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Stewards Info NSW

Junior Member Foal starkmarty will become famous soon enough starkmarty's Avatar
    Real Name
    Martin Herbert
    Occupation
    Trainer/Driver, Bloodstock agent

Both real characters

Quote Originally Posted by triplev123 View Post
    [VVV] Geeze, there's a blast from the past.
    I don't know how the Hell it was that Sean managed to avoid scoring a Bute positive with that horse. He used to get a tub of it out & scoop a couple of fingers into it and jam a big blob or two of it into the horse's mouth. Other days, other ways I guess. Harney reminded me a fair bit of Vin Knight. He was different but struck me as a real character.

Too right. Sean was a bit ahead of his time in some ways but he was not short on talent. Vinny I had the pleasure of staying with when I took my former great juvenile, Hanover Schell, down to Melbourne to contest a couple of feature races circa 1980.
    Both him and his father made me most welcome and I was gobsmacked when Vin shown me the wad he collected when we saluted at MV .
    He had told me his work ( Hanover Schell) at Kilmore was that of a certainty! Being a young and green Kiwi punting was not my priority as at the time I was courting more than one $100,000 offer. Big dough then, and still tidy money now.

I just wish a horse of that calibre had come along a bit later when I knew the ropes better!

Senior Member Horse Of The Year The Form Student will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    Rocket Glenfern, Tudor Royal, Manaroa,
    I remember Hanover Schell having it's first star as a 2YO at Fairfield.........it was backed from 50's in, and got the cash........someone please confirm my memory.

Member Yearling Daryl New will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Daryl New
    Occupation
    horse trainer
    Heres one for you. Given the supposed issue of substances supposedly remaining in a horses system and thus returning a positive above the internationally recognised levels, why not give those trainers/owners, when receiving or transferring a horse an at cost service of freezing swab samples on the arrival of said horse at the stables. Of course we would all have to accept he integrity of the laboratories providing this service and the collection process. At least we would until a positive occurred and then we would go into shock and attempt to discredit the integrity of everyone except our current favourite participants.
    At the same time, No one be allowed near horses before they are swabbed, particularly at presentations and All participants to wear gloves when handling horses to prevent external applications of illegal substances. Or as all people enter all sections of a racecourse they apply Dettol handwash to ensure they are not carrying any prohibited substances on there hands, but wait why not airport xrays at every entrabce to ensure they have no prohibited products for application on their person.
    While Im at it, lets continue the practise of protracted legal action to delay any application of penalty, hang on, even enquiries into positive swabs or questionable behaviour. In fact we could allocate money from the budget ( are you listening Julia ) to assist only those who can afford protracted legal action to delay and obfuscate these issues. Getup wouldnt be at work on these forums would they.

Senior Member 2YO Harold Parker is an unknown quantity at this point
    Real Name
    Robert Parker
    Stewards queried the driving tactics of B Hewitt (SCREAMAN SEAMAN) in particular over the final 600 metres of the event where after settling in a one wide position approaching the 400 metres SCREAMAN SEAMAN was held up between runners and failed to gain clear running until approximately the 200 metre mark. When questioned driver B Hewitt stated that he believed the horse he was trailing namely CIRCUMSTANTIAL was going to carry him into the race. When this did not occur he was held when RENEGING had moved to his outside. He further stated that he did not believe it was in SCREAMAN SEAMAN’s best interests to progress four wide rounding the turn. In view of the circumstances driver B Hewitt’s explanation was noted for future reference.

Odds On FAV hoping for a 1000-1 shot to carrying him into the race. Not in the horses best interest of the horse to come Four Wide rounding the turn. Are you kidding me ? Meanwhile the heavily supported stablemate "pinches" it.

So Panella gets 28 days for honestly admitting to stewards that her drive on Daryl's horse wasn't the best. The younger B Hewitt talks a load of BS on an Odds On Fav with the heavily supported stablemate streaking away on the engine and the stewards lap it up. Where's the consistency from these Bozo's ?

Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    I think this is all "circumstantial" evidence..........lol!.......... you are right, Menangle has the most beautiful sweeping home turn, that is supposed to give every runner the opportunity to finish their races off..........you should take the opportunity, especially if you are travelling well!......come out 3 wide and sit their until the top of the straight, then go for home!.........change the track name to Maitland........then that would be a different story!

Real Name
    Robert Parker
    "in particular over the final 600 metres of the event"

Well how about the the first 600m of the event. At it's two previous races Screamin Seaman ran the gate at Bathurst couldn't cross but had a serious dip in 28.5. The start before going for a spell it fired out from 3 took a trail in a much tougher race and got the chocolates at Menangle. Yet on Friday night not one ounce of urgency at despatch drifting back to worse than midfield. Other than a stablemate drawn wider running the gate, why the change of tactics ?

What an inept bunch of stewards. Take the blinkers off Boys and Girls.

Banned Filly tiny will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Andy Macole
    Hi Daryl,
    I don't real understand the point you are trying to get across.

At the end of the day the rule says that a trainer must present the horse at the races free of all prohibited sustances. It is a tough on to beat and pretty much means if you get a positive your guilty and doesn't really matter how it got there.

Like you said the thing of late where you can just keep delaying the inevitable pretty much for ever is a complete joke and has to stop once upon a time all open enquires were listed on the web sight. IMO this stopped about the sametime as the rediculace time lengths started. I would love to know how many open swab enquires there is I can think of six with out trying.

When Reid Sanders first started there was the big day of bicarb hearings. The front page of the trot guide says Reid gets tough on drugs. Its been a big disappoint since
    I also don't like HRNSWs policy that all positives are the same whatever the substance is wrong to treat them all the same when they are not is silly.

I'm not shore if you were hinting a LMc in your post or not. But his swab is a little different something funny is going on here. I can't think of another boldenone swob at the trots ever then two in the on night from two different trainers. Both with no history of swabs and the fact boldenone is long lasting and there have been clear swabs shortly before and after is strange.

Many people think LMc has the silver bullet to improve horses boldenone isn't it.

Real Name
    Robert Parker
    I've spoken to one and I have no clue of their background. What they need on stewards panels is at least one guy a night on the job who thinks like a punter. Without the support of the punter there's no industry.

The inquiry should never of been completed in a hurry on Friday. It warranted further investigation. From what I hear on the grapevine, the winner was very heavily supported on the exchanges. The Fav was easy.

Wakey Wakey, even if nothing sinister occured, it should be fully checked. They've got their eyes off the ball.

Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    I have watched the replay several times, it was really one of those cases where everything went against BPH, the horse 3 wide RollonGiget did not give ground quick enough, and only gave ground at the same rate as Circumstantial gave ground, and this carted Screaman Seaman back a few lengths and the opportunity to win was gone, .........even Reneging held him up around the turn.............he was then the fesh horse on the scene we he got clear and he did "scream" to the line. If you check the back straight shot BPH did come out half a cart 3 wide, and saw Rollon Gidget still there, and went back in........at this point he obviously decided his best chance was to follow Circumstantial. I will give BPH the benefit of the doubt! Can't take away from stablemate he did the work outside the leader and won the race......if BJH had let Rollon Gidget take the death......then SS would have most likely won pretty easily!!

Real Name
    Robert Parker
    Quote Originally Posted by The Form Student View Post
    I have watched the replay several times, it was really one of those cases where everything went against BPH, the horse 3 wide RollonGiget did not give ground quick enough, and only gave ground at the same rate as Circumstantial gave ground, and this carted Screaman Seaman back a few lengths and the opportunity to win was gone, .........even Reneging held him up around the turn.............he was then the fesh horse on the scene we he got clear and he did "scream" to the line. If you check the back straight shot BPH did come out half a cart 3 wide, and saw Rollon Gidget still there, and went back in........at this point he obviously decided his best chance was to follow Circumstantial. I will give BPH the benefit of the doubt! Can't take away from stablemate he did the work outside the leader and won the race......if BJH had let Rollon Gidget take the death......then SS would have most likely won pretty easily!!
    Dunno what you do for a crust Steve but have you ever thought of becoming a steward ? : )

+ Reply to Thread