Thread: Rock n Roll Heaven

Member Yearling Thomas Johnson will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    Occupation
    Retired

In my opinion Heaven is in the top 5 pacers of all time

Quote Originally Posted by Fullerton View Post
    Here's what I can say conformation wise Heaven is perfect stands straight paces straight nothing to knock in that area Well said is bigger Heaven is not big by any stretch but he is wide and long with a big chest I looked him over for a while at the Jug.Heaven has done things that no one has done as a 3 year old, consecutive 1 50 and under miles also owns 3 world records for 1/2 mile 5/8 mile and fastest 2 heats ever.Raced from off the pace to the front end and has not dodge any races this year he raced 6 weeks straight and every mile was faster than the first. In my opinion Heaven is in the top 5 pacers of all time. As far as a sire only time will tell I love the fact that he is trained by Bruce Saunders an old timer. Just my opinion.Not knocking Well Said just saying why I like Heaven.
    I am not knocking your opinion but you cannot even be close to putting Rocknroll Heaven in the top five! Not even close Fullerton! Oh my goodness you are really getting carried away or you must have a vested interest as although Rocknroll Heaven is the best three year old this year, he has only beaten the same bunch of horses each and every start. You cannot even hold him in the same breath as the following horses.

Niatross, Nihilator, Cam Fella, Artsplace, Somebeachsomewhere to mention just five.

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Thomas
    Is this years 3yo depth light on compared to other years?

Member Gelding Fullerton will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Mike Morano
    Occupation
    Self Employed
    Well Tommy did you see the results of the Poll on the usta I am not the only one who feels that way its my opinion . As far as a vested interest I only wish but maybe someday.As far as beating the same 3 year olds thats what 3 year old do they race the other 3 year olds all year long that same thing can be said for your top five. And you are knocking my opinion.In fact 908 people agree with me out of 1801 votes and another 541 said top 10.
    How would you compare Rock N Roll Heaven’s 2010 season with that of the all-time great 3-year-old pacing colts?
    Best ever
    (4.89%)
    In the top 5
    (45.53%)
    In the top 10
    (30.04%)
    In the top 25
    (13.99%)
    Still too early to tell
    (5.55%)
    Last edited by Fullerton; 11-19-2010 at 11:47 AM.

Member Yearling Joe Fitz will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    How long have those surveyed been following the sport? Five years, maybe. Aside from the colts Thomas mentioned, consider the fact that years ago colts not only faced stiffer competition within their division, but also often raced against tough older horses: Albatross beat A-1 pacers at Roosevelt as a 2 year old. Rocknroll Heaven is HOY hands down, as far as I'm concerned, but he hasn't been tested nearly enough to jump him ahead of colts like Bret Hanover, Albatross and Laverne Hanover. Forget about time; when you cross eras it means nothing.

Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Thanks Joe
    Even though a lot of them sire's you mentioned were before i got invovled in Harness Racing i've read a lot about them in books and found some handy information on google. Its a pitty someone doesn't do a dvd of the 20 best 3yo colts of all time as it would be interesting to see how every one ranks them.

Real Name
    Mike Morano
    Occupation
    Self Employed
    That is a valid point Joe I will agree but I have also spoke to a lot of old timers of the sport . I am 50 years old been around since I am 10 so that's what I can say about how far I go back .It's just my opinion as I have stated over and over.By the way Joe I hope you are right about the people on the survey it would mean new blood in the sport that's what we need .
    Last edited by Fullerton; 11-19-2010 at 04:14 PM.

Member Yearling Thomas Johnson will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    Occupation
    Retired
    I agree with Joe Fitz. When it comes to surveys it is a fashion business so it is always current top horses rule. The fact is that Rocknroll Heaven is a great three year old but not in the top five of all time, not even close. I by no means are knocking the horse as I said he is the best three year old this year by far. Just a shame that he is going to stud so early. It is no wonder our game is closing down fast world wide. We are just killing off all harness racing fans with these horses going to stud so early. A horse is not even mature until he is a five year old. How good would our game be for the fans if these horses race until thay are a bit older.

Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hi Thomas
    I agree and in a past post i suggested they must race untill there 5yr old season before going to stud, i know Shark Gesture broke down and went to stud and then returned to racing but i liked seeing him race as an older horse. Look at Artsplace, Art Major, Real Desire and years ago Falcon Seelster they all raced at 4yrs and left there mark in the breeding barn, and then youv'e got horses who raced even longer Four Starzzz Shark, Lis Mara, Artistic Fella and Western Ideal. How good would it of been if Somebeachsomewhere or Well Said raced in there 4yr old season as people loved watching these horses race and i think if they had of raced for another year it would of been better for the sport.

Banned Gelding Termite will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    For what it's worth, I think that Rock n Roll Heaven is a most deserved Horse of the Year candidate and could hardly have done me to secure the award. However, in terms of all time greatness, I feel that the quality of his competiton this year lacks the depth of other great 3YO crops. One wonders how the season would have panned out had Sportswriter not succumbed to injury. Sadly we will never know and apart form One more Laugh, credible challengers to Rock n Roll Heaven have been hard to find.

Real Name
    Mike Morano
    Occupation
    Self Employed

Agree

Thomas is 100% right that these horse's need to race till five, now horses are just going to stud because they are bred well.My problem with Sports Writer he never won a race outside of Canada or on a different track he won all his races on one track. Heaven is still in my top five.

+ Reply to Thread