Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Race Anyone?

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    It would seem that the 2 poster boys are going to meet at Ballarat on Saturday
    BUT it is not the ideal race/timing for LA, it is simply a case of the trainer not being able to find a suitable race

https://www.thetrots.com.au/news/art...aturday-night/
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    Looks like it may not go ahead due to lack of nominations, need 6 ! Can you believe the board might not bent their rules for the better of the sport !

I would prefer to see them meet over the sprint trip. But I can't see LA ever beating RH.
    Don't die wondering !

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    Quote Originally Posted by gutwagon View Post
    Looks like it may not go ahead due to lack of nominations, need 6 ! Can you believe the board might not bent their rules for the better of the sport !

I would prefer to see them meet over the sprint trip. But I can't see LA ever beating RH.
    Lack of marketing gumption from HRV. They could have promoted a Pure Steel v Satinover style match race and targeted the locked-in-their-houses Victorian market with a post-curfew race time. No foresight, absolutely no will.

aussiebreno
    Notwithstanding they are both on 0 open age Gp1s wins so I fail to see why there is such an appetite for a match race but would interest in a match race not skyrocket in 2 months if they both continue their form. Plenty are tuning in weekly to watch Ride High and Arty's demolition jobs...once one of them loses a match race are they still tuning in with the same anticipation or have they lost interest?

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by gutwagon View Post

When will either get to race then. Moran was saying that one of his limited options other than backing up this week was Terang on Sept 12 (3 weeks away!)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    IT IS ON: Lochinvar Art to take on Ride High Saturday night

https://www.thetrots.com.au/news/art...aturday-night/

HRV need a new story

IT IS OFF

Fields

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...s/?mc=BA290820
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Ride High is time trialling (unofficial) in a few minutes after this R4 about to be run at Ballarat
    Tune into TrotsVision (and maybe Sky2)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I watched it on TrotsVision (nothing other than horse hooves to hear)
    Was there any commentary on Sky2's coverage?

Having watched harness racing for a long time, after watching the pacemaker, it never occurred to me that a Standardbred can gallop faster than it can pace or trot. It may look a bit bouncy but why don't we have gallop races?
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Adaptor will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Noel Ridge
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    I watched it on TrotsVision (nothing other than horse hooves to hear)
    Was there any commentary on Sky2's coverage?

Having watched harness racing for a long time, after watching the pacemaker, it never occurred to me that a Standardbred can gallop faster than it can pace or trot. It may look a bit bouncy but why don't we have gallop races?
    Wouldn't it have been nice to have a commentary...with some times for the quarters.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Adaptor will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Noel Ridge
    Quote Originally Posted by Adaptor View Post
    Wouldn't it have been nice to have a commentary...with some times for the quarters.
    From On-course...Ride High 1:52.2, last half 52.7

+ Reply to Thread