Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011/12 Miracle Mile

aussiebreno

2011/12 Miracle Mile

Must be about time to try and start peicing the field together!
    Once again; this year the Cordina is the week before (19/11) is an automatic invite race. However the Newcaslte Mile (5/11 for $70K) has now officially been made an automatic invite race. On the 12th is another mile race, the Coca-Cola Amitil Sprint, at Menangle that is automatic invite. The Coke and Cordina are worth $75K each.
    In the past I've been critical of the Cordina being auto invite and the Newcastle Mile being just about auto invite. But now its all official with the 3 lead ups in succession for great prizemoney I believe its a great carnival like set up and hope its a success.

It also makes picking the field harder!

Smoken Up and Mr Feelgood are just about certanties. ITMQ if connections want to come?
    One from NZ. Even if Smoken Up wins the Cup they will invite one. Would be good to have Auckland Reactor and/or Monkey King in the field.
    A lot depends on the opposition on the day but the way Franco Jamar is going he could certaintly win a lead up race.
    Washakie is no stranger to winning the Cordina.
    Broadways Best for the obligatory mare invite?
    There is a stack of horses that could bob up in of the auto-invite races and win; depending on the opposition (I mean what if Smoken Up and Mr Feelgood turn up or what if it's just a Saturday night Menangle FFA)

Flashing Red
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    Broadways Best for the obligatory mare invite?
    Don't get me started on "obligatory" mare invites. If they are in the top 8 horses, invite them. If that means that 3 out of the 8 spots are taken by mares, so be it. But for goodness sake don't invite them JUST because they are the best mare in the country (this is not a comment about Broadways Best, just a mares comment in general). Ie if they are a Blossom Lady they deserve to be there.... but NOT because they lay claim to be Australia's best mare IMHO. The Miracle Mile is suppose to be the best of the best IMHO

triplev123
    Smoken Up
    ITMQ
    Mr Feelgood
    Auckland Reactor
    Monkey King
    Franco Jamar
    ....................buggered if I know after that. Picked the obvious ones.
    Who else?
    Another 2-4?
    Will they go with 8 or 10?

triplev123
    btw...Franco Jamar looked VERY good on Friday. Absolutely smashed them.

Senior Member 4YO eliteblood has a spectacular aura about eliteblood's Avatar
    Real Name
    Trevor Swan
    Horses
    Sabilize, Sushi Sushi, Golden Goddess,
    The conditions for this year's Miracle Mile are :-

MEM26111101 MS SEW EURODRIVE MIRACLE MILE $500,000 Trophies & Rug 1609 RBD
    An event open to a maximum eight Pacers (exclusive of Reserves).The winner of the Newcastle Mile, Coca Cola - Amatil Sprint, Cordina Sprint, receive automatic invitations if accepted by the connections. One invitation may be given after the running of the New Zealand Cup, all other invitations will be issued by the Directors of the NSWHRC but only from horses who competed in the Newcastle Mile, Coca Cola - Amatil Sprint and Cordina Sprint. Reserves (if any) drawn with the invited Pacers)

Note that there is no reference to the Ladyship Mile. A mare will only be selected by winning or competing in one of the designated lead up races, same as for every other candidate.
    ITMQ will only get an invite if they bring him over and race him in a lead up race. From what I have read that is not in their current plans.
    Only one horse will be selected from the NZ Cup. If Smoken Up goes over and wins their cup then it should be him which will mean that AR, MK, etc. will have to come and earn their way into the race through the lead up races.
    Note also a maximum of eight starters.

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year David Summers will become famous soon enough David Summers's Avatar
    Real Name
    David Summers
    If correct and there will only be eight starters , as last year , I just can't see the reasoning. In every other 1609 mobile staged throughout the year the minimum field allows ten starters off the front line.

A smaller field for the Miracle Mile at Harold Park seemed OK on the smaller track , but why this one race being cut back to just eight?

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by eliteblood View Post

An event open to a maximum eight Pacers (exclusive of Reserves).The winner of the Newcastle Mile, Coca Cola - Amatil Sprint, Cordina Sprint, receive automatic invitations if accepted by the connections. One invitation may be given after the running of the New Zealand Cup, all other invitations will be issued by the Directors of the NSWHRC but only from horses who competed in the Newcastle Mile, Coca Cola - Amatil Sprint and Cordina Sprint. Reserves (if any) drawn with the invited Pacers)

Note that there is no reference to the Ladyship Mile. A mare will only be selected by winning or competing in one of the designated lead up races, same as for every other candidate.
    ITMQ will only get an invite if they bring him over and race him in a lead up race. From what I have read that is not in their current plans.
    Only one horse will be selected from the NZ Cup. If Smoken Up goes over and wins their cup then it should be him which will mean that AR, MK, etc. will have to come and earn their way into the race through the lead up races.
    Didn't see the bolded bit. I like this new format even better. A great move. Enough the grey not things are black and white.

Quote Originally Posted by David Summers View Post
    If correct and there will only be eight starters , as last year , I just can't see the reasoning. In every other 1609 mobile staged throughout the year the minimum field allows ten starters off the front line.

A smaller field for the Miracle Mile at Harold Park seemed OK on the smaller track , but why this one race being cut back to just eight?
    How are horses 7 and 8 let alone 9 and 10 going to win from there in 1.48? One year BAF, Auckland Reactor and Melpark Major just couldn't get into the race because they got stuck back.

Flashing Red
    Quote Originally Posted by David Summers View Post
    To keep the race exclusive. I personally would like to see it back to 6 runners but I know that won't ever happen again due to turnover etc

Flashing Red
    Quote Originally Posted by triplev123 View Post
    btw...Franco Jamar looked VERY good on Friday. Absolutely smashed them.

Yes but that field wasn't exactly Grand Circuit calibre either.... I think he will get into the MM but it will be a huge leap to beat horses like Smoken Up and Mr Feelgood. Not saying he can't do it.... but he still has to step up. I suppose he has beaten everything before him ATM and that is all you can do. He certainly is the new kid on the block and what a breath of fresh air he is

Flashing Red
    Quote Originally Posted by eliteblood View Post

I'm still dirty about Make Mine Cullen getting in over Melpark Major last year. Two starts before the Miracle Mile Melpark Major beat Smoken Up vs Make Mine Cullen having her first start in Open Grand Circuit company. Melpark Major was penalised for not travelling to NSW to race beforehand but Make Mine Cullen was not. I found the whole thing very political and very disappointing....

+ Reply to Thread