Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 2011/12 Miracle Mile

Senior Member 2YO Big Max will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ross La Spina
    Depending on how he goes in the NZ cup i'd keep a watchful eye on Terror to love,might be a year early but that boy certainly has some talent!

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Max View Post
    Depending on how he goes in the NZ cup i'd keep a watchful eye on Terror to love,might be a year early but that boy certainly has some talent!
    Nice one; I'd expect an invite for winning the NZ Cup.
    Raglan in as well.

Senior Member 2YO Big Max will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ross La Spina
    Thanks,could not agree more Brendan, Terror to love went even better than i thought he'd go,the invite must surely be in the "priority mail" section.

Senior Member Colt LisaB25 will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Lisa Bendotti
    Horses
    Hillview Aussie, Choccy Mac
    Think itmq got an invite today and will head across if he can get a direct flight to Sydney.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Flashing Red View Post
    To keep the race exclusive. I personally would like to see it back to 6 runners but I know that won't ever happen again due to turnover etc
    Flashing Red, as always, is correct.
    Pathetic. Hopeless gamblers in the pubs put, at a resereved guess 50% of the NSW TAB pool in tonights Cordina in the final 5 minutes while they got up to take a leak and didn't really know who Mr Feelgood was anyway but because he was favourite backed him or backed another one trying to make a night out. They're going to bet 2 runners or 22 runners. The big timers I would assume would be more confident backing ITMQ or Mr Feelgood if it was guaranteed worse he could be was 3 lengths back with a clear shot rather than 4 lengths back and stuck behind a tiring Lisagain or behind Karloo Mick who just can't quite sprint with them.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    Last year when 9, my son said at bedtime upon our return home from the Miracle Mile, "That was the trip of a lifetime".

Last year our main reason for travelling was Smoken Up. This year again but also because of the great time we'd had the year before.

You know how often the actual experience doesn't live up to your expectations? And how the race doesn't live up to the pre race hype? And you know how when you when you do something twice and the 2nd time is never as good as the first?

Not here!!

Our summary of Miracle Mile...

Complaints - ZERO

Bouquets -

Harness Racing industry. Have always thought a very welcoming people. Our experiences at the weekend proved it again. We met people met at the hotel simply because son had the formguide spread out all over the table at breakfast. Even met people at the airport yesterday who came up to us because we still had our Miracle Mile caps on. One in particular who did something for son that 'capped off' a perfect trip. I couldnt have scripted that any better. And we met triplev123!

HRNSW. As we watched the ever increasing rain falling at breakfast Saturday morning was wishing I'd packed the gumboots. We'd been out to the track Friday already and seen all the ever increasing puddles so were dreading what it would look like for the big night. Couldn't believe the transformation when got there on Saturday after only a few hours sunshine. Could even sit on the grass without getting a wet arse. Awesome! A huge well done to all the staff at Menangle and HRNSW.

Fred Hastings. You're a marvel! We missed the call of the last half mile of the big race because the noise of the crowd around us drowned out the PA system! But your calling of the races certainly more than added to the excitement. 10 out of 10 Fred!

Lance and Trigger. Way too good them! We think he'd already proven it, but he has now proven beyond any doubt to be the very best. Had to work more than any other horse in the race and still held them off (again). Have seen many champion horses in my time but never one with more guts and will to win. Lance and Trigger make the races they are in what they are; Exciting spectacles that are worth going a long way to see.

To all the above, as the music playing over the PA said as we reluctantly made our way to the car park after the last, "Simply the best".

On the plane home yesterday afternoon;

"Can we come back again next year dad?"
    "I don't know Smoken Up be back again. He'll be 11 next year mate."
    "Of course he will. Karloo Mick is 12 dad."
    "Good point son."
    "And dad remember next year..... Sushi Sushi."
    "I'll make the bookings tomorrow boy."

Last night at bedtime son said through very, very weary eyes "Dad, is it possible to have 2 trips of a lifetime?"

When went back later to check on him could hear (in his very best Fred Hastings voice) "They're into the straight in the 2012 Miracle Mile. Smoken Up and Sushi Sushi are locked together. And here's Palais Du Louvre out of the pack......."

Sweet dreams boy....

Senior Member 3YO 2minuteman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ron James
    Occupation
    General Gadfly
    And we met triplev123!
    Steady on,someone will be getting a big head.

Senior Member 4YO Don Corleone has a spectacular aura about Don Corleone's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ray Fidow
    Occupation
    Sec Cons
    Nice story Paul. Keep taking that boy of your's - nothing better.
    I haven't been to a miracle mile for years but making sure I am there next year.

Senior Member 2YO doinmabest has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Fred Hastings
    That was a terrific piece Paul...

These are the stories he will tell his kids when he is older...... You are a good Dad for making such an effort to build these memories......

Hopefully next year I can say Hi to Luke and Yourself....And Ray, if you get there too

Senior Member 3YO strong persuader has a spectacular aura about strong persuader's Avatar
    Real Name
    Phil Bourke
    Quote Originally Posted by Toohard View Post
    "Dad, is it possible to have 2 trips of a lifetime?"
    Great stuff Paul. This is the essence of harness racing/horses wrapped up in a nutshell. Keeps the dream alive
    Warning: Horses are expensive, addictive, and may impair the ability to use common sense.

+ Reply to Thread