+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 2011/12 Miracle Mile

Senior Member 4YO Thevoiceofreason has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Bill Williams
    Occupation
    Manager
    Wonderful yarn Paul ... brilliant in fact, however I am worried about your ability to judge a good time from a bad one "And we met triplev123!" if that was a highlight it is a worry lol.

triplev123
    It was good fun meeting a few people and catching up with some old friends.
    The racing was great too. Jrn should count himself as being a bit unlucky that Mr. Beattie is no longer the Chief Steward here in NSW. Given the interference that occurred in the MM and given the precedent set in Vertigal's Gold Tiara Final, it is highly likely Jrn would not have been suspended were Mr. Beattie still around.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    Good story Paul glad the little bloke enjoyed himself
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Real Name
    Bill Williams
    Occupation
    Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by triplev123 View Post
    It was good fun meeting a few people and catching up with some old friends.
    The racing was great too. Jrn should count himself as being a bit unlucky that Mr. Beattie is no longer the Chief Steward here in NSW. Given the interference that occurred in the MM and given the precedent set in Vertigal's Gold Tiara Final, it is highly likely Jrn would not have been suspended were Mr. Beattie still around.
    Now Jamie that is not fair because in the Tiara the interference did not come from one individual driver and one day you will understand that and whilst contributory negligence is not a defense for carelessness neither driver shifted enough to have action taken against his licence.

Well at least that what the stewards found I am happy they got it right.

triplev123
    The burdon of proof in terms of upholding a protest should not evaporate by virtue of there being multiple contributors to the interference. That two drivers put on a squeeze play instead of one does not & should not any difference make, IMO, as far as them subsequently being relegated is concerned.

Real Name
    Bill Williams
    Occupation
    Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by triplev123 View Post
    The burdon of proof in terms of upholding a protest should not evaporate by virtue of there being multiple contributors to the interference. That two drivers put on a squeeze play instead of one does not & should not any difference make, IMO, as far as them subsequently being relegated is concerned.
    You are entitled to your opinion, however can you point me in the direction where relegation or protest upheld has ever happened in the circumstances you outline in Australia or anywhere for that matter

Senior Member 2YO Love Of Courage will become famous soon enough Love Of Courage's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sue Smith
    Hello Paul,

Nice story and good for several reasons. After all the negative harness publicity lately its great to hear of people geting such a thrill out of this great sport. Also a huge bonus to have the younger generation getting involved. Hopefully your son will tell his mates at school and maybe a few more might like to make the trip.

It would make for a great road trip there and back with a few of his friends and parents. !

aussiebreno
    Interesting discussion of the tiara given the Perth racing last Saturday with He's Remarkable. Similar circumstances, protest uphelp, lawyers now called in.

triplev123
    Quote Originally Posted by Thevoiceofreason View Post
    You are entitled to your opinion, however can you point me in the direction where relegation or protest upheld has ever happened in the circumstances you outline in Australia or anywhere for that matter

[VVV] So let me get this straight.
    Are you suggesting that the justification for dismissal is the lack of precedent?
    That if 1 horse clips another horse, 1 on 1, it is able to be dealt with....but if 2 horses clip another horse, 2 on 1, it's all bets are off because that has never been done before?

Real Name
    Bill Williams
    Occupation
    Manager
    No that is not what I was saying, if two horses are involved in interference to a third runner both shift but the bulk of the interference is judged to have been caused by the horse that finished behind the sufferer lets say 90% the one that finishes behind and without that horses shift there may have been no incident because the outside horses shift was marginal at best, then the protest would be dismissed or in the case of relegation it would not be invoked.

I was asking if you can lead me to any circumstances where you say that has not been the course of action in the past or since.

+ Reply to Thread