+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Im Themightyquinn

Member Filly remington will become famous soon enough remington's Avatar
    Real Name
    joshua tinning
    Horses
    il tesoro, total control
    was track side last night and wow ITMQ was amazing. the crowd just went crazy when he started rounding up the field,

I think if washaki found the death a bit easier might of been a touch closer, and it looked like the tire of Feelgood came off the rim

Bring on the inters

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    If Smoken Up doesn't get to the front' he's history. WA drivers always attack for the lead so SU would find it difficult getting to the lead unless he draws one or two as he has been doing consistently of late. You get tired of watching boring old Smoken Up going round.....he's only got one game plan and that's trying to get to the front. On the other hand ITMQ...... absolutely spectacular. I know GP is a classified 800 metre track but they race just about in the middle of the track so that would extend its circumference to about 900 metres or more. Smoken Up doesn't seem to have any trouble handling Globe Derby - another 800 metre track.
    Last edited by Mighty Atom; 01-21-2012 at 02:36 PM. Reason: added comment

Banned Colt peteboss4 will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    peter allen
    Occupation
    retired
    Horses
    nothing good enough to mention, but Popu
    You get tired of watching boring old Smoken Up going round.

Lord what a strange thing to say mighty atom, I wouldn't if I owned him & the owners probley don't either.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    I dont usually publicly bring a world of criticism down too harshly on Drivers, but Has The Answers driver, holy crap (in my opinion) what an idiot.
    The horse struggles to win a normal FFA in Perth leading over 2500 and often gets rolled cos it has no stamina at that distance, and last night over 2900 he reckons he can lead all the way, sorry, what an idiot. Take a sit and give your owners a chance at place money for crying out loud. Man that makes me angry. Last you fool!

Great run Washakie, totally would have been 2nd or 3rd if death seated or very close to winning if led. He was 3 wide last 2 laps pretty much.
    Also great run Raglan, was on ITMQ's back at bell before Hall pushed turbo button and he lost contact, but he also came around every horse 4-5 wide and was gaining on Quinn at finish as Quinns run had ended.
    That was a great preview of what will happen in ID heats and final.
    Hopefully a certain driver learnt a lesson, i would have been embarrassed, Has The Answers can only attempt to lead and win over the 1700 or 2100 against THIS company. Otherwise take a sit.

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year David Summers will become famous soon enough David Summers's Avatar
    Real Name
    David Summers
    So true Ash , am a big Has the Answers fan , but that drive totally stunk! 42 metres behind ITMQ in last place. He is good up front , but over 2900 , never. Has come from behind previously and won , so easing back at the start would have been a better option. Note that I am another expert "grandstand driver" ( who knows everything after the event) , as you can see :-)

I also can not believe how disappointing Mr Feelgood is going over there. Fair enough, there might have been excuses in the first run , but last night he was just awful. Surely there must be something wrong with him. Hope I am wrong , but his Inter campaign is not looking too bright. Also can not believe how short his price was last night ($3-20 for a win).

P.S. Just read the stewards report and looks like Mr Feelgood had a flat tyre for the last two laps , so all is forgiven for now. However , will wait till he shows some of his old fight.
    Last edited by David Summers; 01-21-2012 at 04:12 PM. Reason: P.S.

Member Yearling ARTOFFICIAL will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Damien Saxon
    Don't forget Lewis on Dasher VC!!! Keeping the breeze.........what an earth are these blokes doing. Think a bit

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year David Summers will become famous soon enough David Summers's Avatar
    Real Name
    David Summers
    I think a couple of the drivers got caught up with the emotion of such a big race and made some poor decisions. Several good runs outside the champ. Washakie , in what he had to do , three wide for a lot of the race, was outstanding and was also impressed by the way Raglan got to the line.

Member Yearling ARTOFFICIAL will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Damien Saxon
    Yes well said David. Huge Washakie. You just have to be cautious with having had such a tough run though for next start. I liked David Hercules' run just quietly ;-) Stuck behind tired horses but finished off quite well I thought. Winner was off and gone and it was too late.

Junior Member Yearling Ziggy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Amanda Branch
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Atom View Post
    If Smoken Up doesn't get to the front' he's history. WA drivers always attack for the lead so SU would find it difficult getting to the lead unless he draws one or two as he has been doing consistently of late. You get tired of watching boring old Smoken Up going round.....he's only got one game plan and that's trying to get to the front. On the other hand ITMQ...... absolutely spectacular. I know GP is a classified 800 metre track but they race just about in the middle of the track so that would extend its circumference to about 900 metres or more. Smoken Up doesn't seem to have any trouble handling Globe Derby - another 800 metre track.
    You are harsh. I think poor old trigger has done plenty to prove himself. What if Quinn draws one to four then what. Every horse has a different racing style smoken up is great at the front of the field and Quinn does well from the back.
    No one knocks Quinn so have the same respect for the other true champ Smoken up.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired

Angry

The horse struggles to win a normal FFA in Perth leading over 2500 and often gets rolled cos it has no stamina at that distance, and last night over 2900 he reckons he can lead all the way, sorry, what an idiot. Take a sit and give your owners a chance at place money for crying out loud. Man that makes me angry. Last you fool!

So true Maorisidol, unfortunately Has The Answers is going to be a real pest in any ID heats (if he gets a start). He very rarely gets headed for the lead and very rarely takes a sit. At any distance beyond 2100 metres he's found wanting,you wouldn't want to sit behind him and he will make it difficult for any horse on the outside because of his high speed for a couple of laps. I know he has been a great old horse but he doesn't belong in an ID. However don't agree with you regarding Washakie, he's a fast one pace horse but he wouldn't have the sectionals (sprint ) to beat ITMQ.
    Last edited by Mighty Atom; 01-21-2012 at 07:24 PM.

+ Reply to Thread