Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Im Themightyquinn

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    You are harsh. I think poor old trigger has done plenty to prove himself. What if Quinn draws one to four then what. Every horse has a different racing style smoken up is great at the front of the field and Quinn does well from the back.
    No one knocks Quinn so have the same respect for the other true champ Smoken up.
    Smoken Up is a great champion but I think ITMQ doesn't race any different whether he draws 1,2,or 3 or the back line which he has done plenty of times. He's not quite reliant as much on a good draw as SU.

Junior Member Yearling Ziggy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Amanda Branch
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Atom View Post
    Smoken Up is a great champion but I think ITMQ doesn't race any different whether he draws 1,2,or 3 or the back line which he has done plenty of times. He's not quite reliant as much on a good draw as SU.
    miracle mile?

oh and Trigger has won a hell of a lot of races from less desirable draws.

Member Gelding NormanS will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Norman Schwarz
    Occupation
    Franchise Owner
    Horses
    Love This Dragon, Aussie Melody, Love Th
    I've seen horses with acceleration, but wow when G.Hall Jr launched ITMQ last night, well that was something else. Toughness can win you races but raw unadalterated speed like that can win you a lot more.

Senior Member 3YO Gtrain has a spectacular aura about Gtrain's Avatar
    Real Name
    Grant Train
    What is the go with WA drivers all loving the three wide train? Its a race to see who can lead it up over there. They love the death seat also, and refuse to hand it up. No track in Australia sees drivers launch earlier than GP. Its not just in the big races either, watch any FFA over there.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    miracle mile?

oh and Trigger has won a hell of a lot of races from less desirable draws.
    ITMQ did not produce his best at his last eastern states campaign.I reckon something wasn't quite right after his Miracle Mile run. As I have said on a previous post he had contracted a slight cold,probably manifesting through his 4 runs and it took his usual dash away from him somewhat. On top of that dehydration and he just wasn't himself.

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Quote Originally Posted by Gtrain View Post
    What is the go with WA drivers all loving the three wide train? Its a race to see who can lead it up over there. They love the death seat also, and refuse to hand it up. No track in Australia sees drivers launch earlier than GP. Its not just in the big races either, watch any FFA over there.
    Hi Grant
    I love watching the race's over there, 3 wide on a 800m track and they run time's. For me it's the best racing to watch.

Senior Member 2YO Harold Parker is an unknown quantity at this point
    Real Name
    Robert Parker
    Quote Originally Posted by mango View Post
    Hi Grant
    I love watching the race's over there, 3 wide on a 800m track and they run time's. For me it's the best racing to watch.
    Agree 100%. By far the most competitive racing in the Country over there.

Member Gelding Village Kid will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Craig Kavanagh
    Occupation
    Finance
    Quote Originally Posted by mango View Post
    Hi Grant
    Totally agree. Purely from a spectacle point of view high class racing at GP is as good as it gets.

I was not old enough to judge Popular Alm, I've only seen videos of thw champ and certainly not saying ITMQ is in the same class as Poppy, but the way G Hall Jnr let him go down the back straight on Friday night certainly looked reminiscent of one of Poppy's Victoria Cup wins..his high speed is just incredible.

One thing I've learnt though is to never underestimate a champion, and Smoken Up is just that. I disregarded BAF on too many occassions, and have done the same with Smoken Up over the past 18 months (to the detriment of my wallet.)

The Inters is shaping up to be an absolute classic.

Member Gelding Just Saying will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Scott Crameri
    Watching GP racing is like watching a bunch of hyped up 3 year olds hit each other with baseball bats. Fascinating and horrifying at the same time.

+ Reply to Thread