Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Victoria Cup 2020

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    Ummm, I am no equine vet but I have more than done my bit in keeping their interest in the latest model Mercedes-Benz over the years.

I note Ride High had a veterinary examination after the race - not that you would know because the stewards report has not appeared on the HRA website even though the report for yesterday's Cranbourne meeting has. My Mercedes-financing, hard earnt and harder spent veterinary knowledge would suggest the horse would have shown some sign of lameness post-race, especially once it had cooled down and before it left the course. I find the explanation given in the HRV sponsored and sourced media article inconsistent with the experience I and many other participants have had with this type of injury.

Quote of the year nominee Clayton Tonkin said "we knew something wasn't right the other night". No kidding Sherlock!

The words minor an suspensory are rarely seen in the same sentence; I doubt any decent equine vet has ever been guilty of mixing the two.

More than anything, this rent-a-quote reporting is symptomatic of the industry funded media and leaves you longing for the independent, quality thinking and questioning minds of the likes of Richard Trembath and Bob Cain. I've been around the trots long enough to know if you accept something on face value make sure you are looking at the face!

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Critical mainstream media are certainly hard to find. Look at the way the gallops turned on The Age's Patrick Bartley
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    So Ride High is out

https://www.thetrots.com.au/news/art...ensory-injury/

I suspect Alabar could be relieved that there was something amiss on Saturday

With the barrier draw at 9.30am tomorrow morning on Sky2
    When will the field be announced - tonight?

If King Of Swing doesn't come, Lochinvar Art could end up Even money with a good draw

Anne will be excited if Harley can draw well

Rishi is $71 on the VIC TAB - he has to get a start before some of those at shorter odds doesn't he?
    The market has gone down (why?) but it would seem from the following link that the field won't be known until the draw

https://www.racenet.com.au/news/supe...ained-20201005
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    The market has gone down (why?) but it would seem from the following link that the field won't be known until the draw

https://www.racenet.com.au/news/supe...ained-20201005
    I spoke too soon as here is the field

https://www.thetrots.com.au/news/art...rcuit-classic/

ALTA ORLANDO NZ
    BALRAJ NZ
    BLING IT ON
    CASH N FLOW NZ
    CODE BAILEY NZ
    CODE BLACK NZ
    CRUZ BROMAC NZ
    HURRICANE HARLEY
    KING OF SWING NZ
    LOCHINVAR ART
    RISHI NZ
    TAM MAJOR
    MAJOR TIMES (1st Em)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    Critical mainstream media are certainly hard to find. Look at the way the gallops turned on The Age's Patrick Bartley
    The sport's peak bodies are always looking for means to increase market share. At the same time, they are as ruthless as certain State premiers in keeping us in the dark, stifling debate and standing behind opaque glass in the name of transparency.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    So Ride High is out

https://www.thetrots.com.au/news/art...ensory-injury/

I suspect Alabar could be relieved that there was something amiss on Saturday

With the barrier draw at 9.30am tomorrow morning on Sky2
    When will the field be announced - tonight?

If King Of Swing doesn't come, Lochinvar Art could end up Even money with a good draw

Anne will be excited if Harley can draw well

Rishi is $71 on the VIC TAB - he has to get a start before some of those at shorter odds doesn't he?
    Rishi into $41 having made the field

https://www.tab.com.au/racing/2020-1...%20(Pre%20Draw)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Amazing how the draw fell
    Craig Cross = 5 front line draws
    Emma Stewart = 4 second line draws

1: Balraj

2: Code Bailey

3: Bling It On

4: Lochinvar Art

5: Alta Orlando

6: Cash N Flow

7: King Of Swing

----

8: Code Black

9: Rishi

10: Tam Major

11: Hurricane Harley

12: Major Times (emg)

13: Cruz Bromac
    Last edited by Messenger; 10-06-2020 at 01:19 PM.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    You're our resident New South Welshman Breno - how does that front line settle?

I have always been a fan of small tracks (mind you, small fields suit them better)
    But I have to admit that a track like Menangle makes it more likely that the best horse wins
    (2760m on this track would be better)
    Last edited by Messenger; 10-06-2020 at 01:28 PM.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    You're our resident New South Welshman Breno - how does that front line settle?

I have always been a fan of small tracks (mind you, small fields suit them better)
    But I have to admit that a track like Menangle makes it more likely that the best horse wins
    (2760m on this track would be better)
    Dartboard job!

Drivers will be interesting and make it a bit clearer I think.

I think Cash N Flow entitled to have a dip and maybe first go at this level Balraj takes a sit. Backfires if gets caught outside Arty but to be a winning chance must attempt it.

Does Moran say I'm good enough to win from the running line and forget about leading? Won't have to fight Balraj for the lead and then have another horse try and challenge him. Cash N Flow could even cross him easily enough anyway and then lead may even be there for the taking after 600m.

Solid watch and learn race for me.

Agree this race needs to be 2760m.

aussiebreno
    https://www.thetrots.com.au/news/art...-perfect-draw/

Could be gamesmanship but no lead for Cash N Flow if this is to be believed. Can see things going horrid for KOS if tries to cross LA. While I think KOS is the best horse outside of Perth in the country he isn't a Blacks A Fake, Smoken Up or ITMQ type good that he can win out of turn.

+ Reply to Thread