Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Your thoughts on www.harnesslink.com

Super Moderator Weanling John Curtin will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown

Your thoughts on www.harnesslink.com

Now that I have started on this forum and now that I have a little time I thought I would ask you all how do you think that we could improve www.harnesslink.com in any possible way.

All your ideas would be welcome and looked at because it is you the readers that we want to please.

It has become a decent site with well over 80,000 unique visitors a month and growing daily.

In fact it has never stopped growing and as I said recently to the all the people that work for harnesslink "if it did not continue to grow I would close it down".

We want the entire site to be based on a passion for Harness Racing.

A place where all Harness Racing can be found.

Super Moderator Colt Neil will become famous soon enough Neil's Avatar
    Real Name
    Neil Bennett
    Occupation
    Engineer
    I think it is going well John - could have some more contributors to stories I guess but this forum is also growing with more posts all the time.

Hard to spread the word I guess but well done and keep it up.

Neil

Senior Member 4YO Don Corleone has a spectacular aura about Don Corleone's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ray Fidow
    Occupation
    Sec Cons
    John, there is nothing I like better than putting my feet up grabbing the laptop and heading to Harnesslink. (finding time is the hardest part!) You are all doing a great job. Believe me there is not much that happens in the Harness world that you and your team have not covered. I love the fact that the site is devoted to harness racing. I am "spreading the word" about the forum and I am sure it will continue to grow and grow. Keep it up team.

Administrator 3YO admin will become famous soon enough admin's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jules Boven
    Occupation
    Marketing Manager
    Horses
    Charge Forward
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    I think it is going well John - could have some more contributors to stories I guess but this forum is also growing with more posts all the time.

Hard to spread the word I guess but well done and keep it up.

Neil
    Hey Neil.

Adding more contributors is definitely what we would like to do long term, but of course you need to pay for quality and because we serve such a big market (worldwide) they will often only appeal to one country or even one state. But along that line if anyone here would like to contribute please PM me and we can possibly work something out.

Anyone who knows John knows that at the end of the day the site is all about promoting harness racing, so if there's anything we can do to help spread the game we'll try it.

And Don, thanks for your kind words and your support.
    Please read the rules before posting.

Harnesslink Marketing Manager

nat
    Harnesslink is always running on my PC its the one place that all the information comes insted of looking through several site this one dose the lot. I dont know what more you could do maybe storys on the top horse and where they are at and what direction they are aimed at, more breeding and stallion articales and like Neil said more contributers atleast on in each state, island or country

The only thing that bothers me is the amount of crap & mud slinging to be polite that went on about Penna now Russo and the Ruggari issues sometimes they just need to be knocked on the head. But other than this Harnesslink is the best Harness Racing site on the web other than this forum.
    Last edited by nat; 12-21-2010 at 07:08 PM.

Member Yearling Thomas Johnson will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    Occupation
    Retired
    I agree with Nat, Harnesslink is a great site from a US point of view as it is the only site that covers all of harness racing. I used to go to the Standardbred Canada site but now I only need to go to harnesslink as they have everything on there. The USTA parhway site is okay for information but not for news. You also have to pay a lot to get there information. I agree Harnesslink is the best news site around. Keep up the good work.

Member Yearling Thomas Johnson will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    Occupation
    Retired
    And looking at the site today I think that the European end on the site may need a boost as there is huge interest and a lot of people in harness racing there. This is not a critisism as I love the site but you are asking for ideas.

Member Filly peacheymagic will become famous soon enough peacheymagic's Avatar
    Real Name
    Unknown
    Like others have said harnesslink is well set up in that I can see what is happening in nz, aus, us and canada without having to change sites. A possible improvement I could suggest would be to have articles from major studs every so often telling us about their current stallions which would save me having to look up studs webpages to find out what stallions are standing where and their prices.

Administrator 3YO admin will become famous soon enough admin's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jules Boven
    Occupation
    Marketing Manager
    Horses
    Charge Forward
    Quote Originally Posted by peacheymagic View Post
    Like others have said harnesslink is well set up in that I can see what is happening in nz, aus, us and canada without having to change sites. A possible improvement I could suggest would be to have articles from major studs every so often telling us about their current stallions which would save me having to look up studs webpages to find out what stallions are standing where and their prices.
    Good call, we can definitely look into that.
    Please read the rules before posting.

Harnesslink Marketing Manager

Banned 4YO justdoit will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    (BANNED) (BANNED)
    Occupation
    (BANNED)
    More advertising Peacheymagic is that you John?

+ Reply to Thread