Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Your thoughts on www.harnesslink.com

Member Filly peacheymagic will become famous soon enough peacheymagic's Avatar
    Real Name
    Unknown
    Haha im not John just think it would be good to have stallion info on harnesslink as well, I know every stud is going to talk up their stallions but would be good to have the info here and then it is up to the readers to decide what to believe or not to believe.

Senior Member Colt Phoenix will become famous soon enough Phoenix's Avatar
    Real Name
    Panos Kambas
    Quote Originally Posted by nat View Post
    Harnesslink is always running on my PC its the one place that all the information comes insted of looking through several site this one dose the lot. I dont know what more you could do maybe storys on the top horse and where they are at and what direction they are aimed at, more breeding and stallion articales and like Neil said more contributers atleast on in each state, island or country

The only thing that bothers me is the amount of crap & mud slinging to be polite that went on about Penna now Russo and the Ruggari issues sometimes they just need to be knocked on the head. But other than this Harnesslink is the best Harness Racing site on the web other than this forum.
    Don't forget the treatment that the McCarthy's have come in for.

Banned 4YO justdoit will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    (BANNED) (BANNED)
    Occupation
    (BANNED)
    Can whole web sites be translated to other languages? not everyone in the world reads ingles

Senior Member Colt Phoenix will become famous soon enough Phoenix's Avatar
    Real Name
    Panos Kambas
    You would only be able to convert an entire website to other languages if there are national flag icons that indicate this can be done. www.harnesslink.com doesn't translate to other languages but what you can do is cut text and paste into online translators..

Banned 4YO justdoit will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    (BANNED) (BANNED)
    Occupation
    (BANNED)
    I would like to see a french flag and a kiwi one. Please.

Member Gelding trotpace will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    Love the site, the only thing i would recommend is to try and streamline the site. It looks crowded.

Administrator 3YO admin will become famous soon enough admin's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jules Boven
    Occupation
    Marketing Manager
    Horses
    Charge Forward
    Quote Originally Posted by justdoit View Post
    Can whole web sites be translated to other languages? not everyone in the world reads ingles
    I've thought about doing this in the past, Google Translate can do it on the fly but it's automated and not that good. In the end I decided it wouldn't be worth crowding Harnesslink even more but maybe we could add the tool somewhere in the footer - I'll talk to the tech guys and see what we can do.
    Please read the rules before posting.

Harnesslink Marketing Manager

Real Name
    Jules Boven
    Occupation
    Marketing Manager
    Horses
    Charge Forward
    We've just added the auto translate to Harnesslink as well as on this forum - it's in the footer of both websites. If anyone else here speaks multiple languages please let me know if it's too terrible to be of use because I've heard it's pretty bad.

For some reason in this forum you have to click to translate each new page, so I'll try to arrange to get that fixed as well.

Regarding the crowded complaint - not sure if there's too much we can do at this stage without a complete redesign (which is extremely complex for a site with close to 100,000 pages and has the functionality that we have. One thing I can suggest is to click the country links in the nav menu which will just give you news for each country. That way if you're not interested in news from say Canada you won't get it.

E.g. USA page is here: http://harnesslink.com/www/News.cgi?...Harness-Racing

Any more suggestions please keep them coming!

Real Name
    Jules Boven
    Occupation
    Marketing Manager
    Horses
    Charge Forward
    Quote Originally Posted by peacheymagic View Post
    Haha im not John just think it would be good to have stallion info on harnesslink as well, I know every stud is going to talk up their stallions but would be good to have the info here and then it is up to the readers to decide what to believe or not to believe.
    We do have tag pages where you can narrow down to stories we've done on each Stallion. It's not an ideal solution but otherwise we would have to maintain a complete database which would change all the time.

To view just click the "Categories" link in the top menu, then expand the horses tab, then expand the stallions tab. Then you can view a page like: http://harnesslink.com/www/News.cgi?...beachsomewhere

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by justdoit View Post
    I would like to see a french flag and a kiwi one. Please.
    Just had bro to the end of each sentence

+ Reply to Thread