Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New Zealand Trotting Cup

Senior Member 2YO doinmabest has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Fred Hastings

New Zealand Trotting Cup

Should be a terrific race- Can Smoken Up go one better?

What is everyone tipping??

Senior Member 2YO Big Max will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ross La Spina
    Hi Fred

Gomeo Romeo to win Terror to love second and the mighty Smoken up Third.

PS great calling by the way!!!

Member Gelding Just Saying will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Scott Crameri
    Terror to Love. WOW!!!

Real Name
    Fred Hastings
    Well tipped Ross..... You found 3 of the first 4....
    Great call by Mark too.....

triplev123
    Terror To Love. Slashing win that. The Parisienne family never goes away. Notable closing effort from Highview Tommy, he took the looooooooong way home. With the trips they had neither could have reasonably been expected to have finished the way they did. Smiling Shard got shuffled and buried at a vital stage. He's better than that. Smoken Up. On first viewing I thought Lance went a bit easy on them through the early stages, left too much in the legs of those following. Not the best NZ Cup I've seen but a good race nonetheless. Nice tipping Rosario. Fred, for the record, I was on Smiling Shard. I hope Cran brings him over for the lead up races for the Miracle Mile etc.

Senior Member 4YO Don Corleone has a spectacular aura about Don Corleone's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ray Fidow
    Occupation
    Sec Cons
    Lance must loathe that last hundred metres at Addington ! Well done to Graham, Paul, Jim and Terry.
    Also good stuff to those who tipped the winner.

Flashing Red
    Listened to the race on the radio, what an electrifying turn of foot the second and third horse had.

I must say, Ray, I LOVE the last 100m at Addington! lol!!

Real Name
    Fred Hastings
    Jaimie you would expect to see him here but the Cordina will be his last roll of the dice..... Gee it was an amazing burst by TTL and maybe Trigger is better when he Is running them along.... That said, IMHO he is still a great champion despite the NZ Cup eluding him...

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    Great run the first three. How Terror and Tommy got home so fast the long way round the last bend is amazing in a 1.54 last mile.
    Dex very disappointed with Shard and apparently Lance told Trackside TV he stuffed it up by not going hard enough. Must have meant the first mile as he set up a 1.54 last mile. Copped a $400 fine to boot...excessive whip use final straight.
    A great race and he staying for Friday's FFA....Must be his surely though the record book shows the cup as the form race.

Flashing Red
    Overall time was 4:01 or 4:02, have been several NZ Cups runs a lot quicker than that, perhaps Lance meant overall time??

Can't wait for FFA. Any news of TTL or HT backing up in the FFA?

+ Reply to Thread