Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Can you help

Member Gelding Tangles will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    mj mcmillian

Can you help

I have a panorama mare out of mare (Any danger)Keystone Scotch and would appreciate any thoughtful suggestions regarding on which sire to send her too. Though not succesful on the the track there are good reasons for this and she is well related. I am a novice breeder and a more informed input would be helpful.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year mightymo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    Bling It On, Nike Franco, Cruz Bromac
    Quote Originally Posted by Tangles View Post
    I have a panorama mare out of mare (Any danger)Keystone Scotch and would appreciate any thoughtful suggestions regarding on which sire to send her too. Though not succesful on the the track there are good reasons for this and she is well related. I am a novice breeder and a more informed input would be helpful.
    Hi Tangles

I see 3 obvious choices for you:

1. Grinfromeartoear - to date this has produced the 2 best results for Panorama broodmares(Smiling Shard, Make me Smile) and you are breeding back to the same family

2. Village Jasper - to get a 3/4 sibling to Arber who is a very nice horse

3. A Cam fella line stallion - Panorama mares have crossed very well with Cam fella stallion. Depending on your budget, you could consider Aces n Sevens, Four Starzzz Shark or Bettors Delight

Hope this helps.

triplev123
    G'day Tangles,

I agree across the board with Harvey there...only to his [3. A Cam Fella line stallion] I'd add a further option, Artistic Fella.
    All depends on the size etc. of your mare. Talk to any the studs standing those horses mentioned above and tell them what your mare's like & I'm sure they'd point you in the right direction. Better still, if you can, maybe drive to the farms & have a look at them for yourself. Good fun wandering around looking at horses anyway. Good luck.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    For mine i would go to Village Jasper or Mister Big if you wanted to line breed it would make the foal a 4 x 3 to Abercombie and Blue Horizon and Grin would be a 3 x 3 if you wanted to line breed closer
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Member Gelding Tangles will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    mj mcmillian

breeding suggestions

I wish to thankyou all for your input and will now check these out. Thanking you all again.

Cheers tangles
    Last edited by Tangles; 11-10-2011 at 11:49 AM.

Senior Member 2YO Starship Captain will become famous soon enough Starship Captain's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jason Cash
    I'll find a place to rest my spirit if I can Perhaps I may become a highwayman again
    Occupation
    Starship Captain
    Tangles,

You have been very lucky to receive the advice above .
    All I can offer to you is this:- Please buy the best mare(singular) you can afford and breed her to the best stallion you can afford.
    Then enjoy breeding horses for many many years.

No woman will ever be satisfied because no man will ever have a chocolate penis that shoots out money.

+ Reply to Thread