Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Please Explain

Hybrid View

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

Please Explain

Pacman Hammer in winning by 25m untouched at Menangle yesterday has taken 5 secs off his best time. With a NR in the 50's he has run 1.50.7

The now 6yo has been in work for the last 6mths but had not won for his previous 22 starts (and had not had a stable change from MJ McCarthy)

Admittedly we went from racing at Bathurst to Menangle yesterday

Looking at his 3 previous starts is interesting:

10 days prior he appeared lose a heap of ground (out of pic) when he broke at the start and looked pretty good only being beat 11m (winners MR 1.57.6)

Before that was a shocker where he did not put in despite a soft 1x2 trip

His other December start he led and should have been able to win, so although 2nd it was pretty weak

Here is yesterday's win
    http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...21#PCC05012102

The previous three starts
    http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...20#BHC26122003

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...20#BHC16122009

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...20#BHC09122009
    Last edited by Messenger; 01-06-2021 at 08:39 PM.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    Joe Biden may have backed him !
    Don't die wondering !

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    I watched the replay of this race yesterday an two days later I'm still awaiting publication of the stewards report for the meeting. Anything but a full-blown inquiry into the incredible improvement of this horse severely devalues the sport and signals that anything goes in NSW.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    The Stewards Report is now out

PACMAN HAMMER– When questioned regarding the performance of PACMAN HAMMER in particular its ability to rate 1:50.7 for the mile rate, driver J McCarthy explained that PACMAN HAMMER performed well at Bathurst on 26TH December after galloping out and losing significant ground the gelding was able to beat several runners home and finished only 11 metres from the winner. He added that he was confident that PACMAN HAMMER would perform well if he was able to lead. J McCarthy stated that after leading it became apparent that he had set his sulky too close to the hind legs of PACMAN HAMMER and as a result the gelding continually struck the off side wheel resulting in PACMAN HAMMER over racing. J McCarthy added that he was aware that PACMAN HAMMER has had tractability issues previously therefore he was reluctant to try and restrain the gelding to any great degree and elected to try and keep PACMAN HAMMER settled which allowed him to run along. J McCarthy said that he was surprised that PACMAN HAMMER recorded such a fast time and put this down to the contacting of the sulky, the fact that he horse has ability and, track and weather conditions which were also conducive to running a faster time. Furthermore, J McCarthy explained that PACMAN HAMMER was dropped to his stable by his brother and trainer Matthew McCarthy on the afternoon of Monday 4th January and would remain in that location indefinitely. J McCarthy’s explanation was noted however he was advised that now that PACMAN HAMMER has established form Stewards would expect that the gelding would race in a consistent manner. In addition, Matthew McCarthy was questioned regarding the location and whereabouts of PACMAN HAMMER leading up to this race. Stewards were satisfied with the explanation tendered by M McCarthy which was consistent with the explanations of both J McCarthy and N McCarthy. Post-race blood and urine swab samples were obtained.

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/ste...l/?mc=PC050121

LOL

I count at least 4 reasons/excuses given by J Mc

Please Sir, I didn't do my homework because I had to take my mum to the Doctor and the Dr said I was sick too but I tried to do it this morning but the dog ate it and I could not find any more paper

per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    It has also been pointed out to me that someone of his experience would be expected to pick up the sulky problem in the warm up
    And you would normally expect a horse that over-races to pull up pretty quick
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    It has also been pointed out to me that someone of his experience would be expected to pick up the sulky problem in the warm up
    And you would normally expect a horse that over-races to pull up pretty quick
    Yep, ban the whip immediately! No need for them, an ill-fitting sulky will surely encourage Dobbin to run 1:50.7 with his head on his chest. I read and smell unadulterated BS.

Now, to the horse's stabling arrangements. What Mat McCarthy told the stewards corroborates what his brother and sister in law told them. All honky dory! No need for the stewards to let the public in on the answer, let's collect our pay and all go home!

My crystal ball tells me Pacman Hanover will have the misfortune of racing with a sulky that actually fits in future, therefore it may struggle to reproduce it's winning form. Or if it does win the stewards will test the air pressure in the sulky tyres when they should be testing the horse's spleen. More specifically its blood.

Another sellout, never bet on the trots while HRNSW uses Pink Panther movies as stewards training tools.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Broke in the Score Up today and took no competitive part in the race finishing 160m last when $1.65

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...21#PCC19012103

(otherwise he would have won by 70m as they only rated 1.55.9)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Broke in the Score Up today and took no competitive part in the race finishing 160m last when $1.65

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...21#PCC19012103

(otherwise he would have won by 70m as they only rated 1.55.9)
    Starter and stewards all asleep on the job. JMc was saving wildly at the starter, ignored. Should have been declared a non starter, ignored. Punters thrown on the fire.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    It will be interesting to read the Stewards Report to see if he had a legitimate reason for the starter to think it was anything more than a break
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired

Pull The Other One

There are more than a couple of trainers over there on the east coast with dubious near their names not hard to work out who is in control of harness racing in NSW and Vic and it ain't the stewards.

+ Reply to Thread