Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Please Explain

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    You are on the trail, Kev. And Aaron Bain Racing must be the best in the world at spotting the hidden talent in 100+ start WA bush no hopers.

And I suspect the steward in charge, in Frank Drebin style, will say "move along, nothing to see here!"

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I don't know the WA connection, I know he is a SA trainer with a 17/51 33% strike rate this season, so I am not sure why the horses aren't going to him
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    I don't know the WA connection, I know he is a SA trainer with a 17/51 33% strike rate this season, so I am not sure why the horses aren't going to him
    Hargreaves trains his horses in Victoria. They also have others in NSW and QLD that seem to come from obscurity to short term stardom.

Check Im Loki's previous start when $1.04 beaten favourite then read the stewards report. I note no gear changes were notified tonight and the stewards didn't raise the issue. Intriguing.

Both of the two horses finished up the track at Northam on 13 March continuing there appallingly poor form. Both have only been in Victoria a little over a month yet have had starting prices like Ride High. Very intriguing!

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I know all that Trev, the question I was pondering is why he is buying horses to race in other states directly, never being trained by himself (you forgot to mention the many he has in Tassie with Yole)
    Maybe he sees a horse and thinks - that horse would be perfect for Vic, or maybe he sees a horse for sale at a bargain price and thinks that horse has a couple of Vic wins it. Maybe he has become more of a syndicator?
    He has an excellent website and up to date facebook page
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Please explain to the punters

The Ashwood stable had Elleker Hanonver in R3 at Warragul today and the punters backed it into $1.30

It was its first start for the stable since coming over from WA where it had had 122 starts for 4 wins
    In its last 20 starts in WA it had not started shorter than $45 but the average price would be closer to $100 for these starts

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...21#WRC24052106
    Well tonight at Mildura it started $1.04 on the TAB and got stitched up and was beaten by a $104 pop. He is proving a very expensive investment for some

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...21#MLC28052113
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    Elleker Hanover just ran second, again as a long, long odds on favourite in the late at Mildura after settling 3 back the fence. The tearaway leader Mista Pumblechook paid $106 in a restricted race. Perhaps racing twice in 5 days at either end of the state took some sting out of the favourite? Amazingly, Tuesday night's winner I'm Loki was beaten at Mildura a fortnight ago by a $150 shot!

No worries, the same connections won race 5 with Mondooley Mach. It's won 5 with 3 placings from 8 since winning first up at Ouyen on 31 March. Its previous 132 starts (in WA) yielded 7 wins and 46 placings. It started $1.60 at Ouyen after a 23 metre 8th at Williams (look that up in your road atlas). Again, zero to hero in 6 weeks 3,400 KMs away, no trial and 6 weeks between races. Same pattern. Just gets curiouser and curiouser!

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Im Loki must be hurting the big punters who lost when she was $1.04 at her first Vic start and again tonight at $1.40 in her third start
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Member Filly DRUIDRACING will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    STEVEN PILE
    Occupation
    mr fix it
    Horses
    nearly none and you can guess why
    sounds like its happening again.....different place same Mo....and quite a few came away unscathed

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Im Loki must be hurting the big punters who lost when she was $1.04 at her first Vic start and again tonight at $1.40 in her third start
    and again tonight at Bendigo $1.40 failure

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...21#BNC09062103
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Colt Beltane will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Steve Jones
    Sounds like a good name as by co-incidence, Loki from Norse mythology was a trickster, a god of discord and mischief.

+ Reply to Thread